AVS Forum banner

18641 - 18660 of 19174 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
I found it last night. If click on the 3 dots un the upper right of your post you will find. However I couldn't find where to delete your post.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Any idea which of the Avengers Movie has the best Atmos track? I ask because I rewatched Infinity War the other day and it felt really underwhelming. The vocals were really low, and it seemed to have some bass when needed but overall the mix just sounded really low
They all have excellent Atmos tracks, but all of them require a good bump from your normal volumes setting. I personally love Infinity War and Endgame‘s Atmos tracks. The first one has to be the best though.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Got The Hunt in and boy was I not disappointed. What fun and quick popcorn flick.
Pretty funny to see Kevin from This is Us bite the dust early on - I figured he would have stayed around for a bit.
The final showdown was worth the price of entry. The track was simply amazing with nice engaging bass and wonderful surround usage.

Also watched Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse. It was also a nice and quick popcorn flick with some good humor, and some humor that fell flat. Either way, I enjoyed it. The track on this one was really nice too with the surrounds fully engaged and some nice explosions throughout.

·
Registered
162 Posts
just watched Avengers:Endgame again yesterday, and the Atmos track on it is way better/louder than the one in Infinity War

·
Registered
701 Posts
Watching Man In The High Castle on Amazon Prime. Season 4 Episode 9 about 21:00-22:00 mark it was pressurizing my room pretty darn good.

·
Registered
245 Posts
just watched Avengers:Endgame again yesterday, and the Atmos track on it is way better/louder than the one in Infinity War
Agreed. While not the best I thought Avengers: Endgame was an improvement over Infinity War.

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Did you see this? Disney Has No Plans For 4K Catalog Titles? - Dark Horizons

The Digital Bits reports that the studio does “not have any plans” for any future 4K Ultra HD catalog releases aside from its own Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel-related projects. The abandoning of 4K physical media is in order to put the focus on building its Disney+ streaming service.
This means 4K disc copies of films like “Fight Club,” “Aliens,” “The Abyss,” “The French Connection,” “Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World,” “True Lies,” “Cast Away,” “Moulin Rouge,” “The Verdict,” “The Thin Red Line” and so many more may never come. The last Disney 4K catalogue releases on disc appear to be “Home Alone” and “Hocus Pocus”.
I personally wanted to see Fight Club and Strange Days the most. I will have to break down and buy Strange Days on BD from Europe. True Lies and Strange Days were only on non anamorphic DVD and never on BD in the US.

Reactions: b0rnarian

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am really hoping they release the Lord of the Rings / Hobbit Trilogies in 4K and possibly Add Atmos to them. The original DTS-HD Master Mixes already sound amazing, and I cant imagine how Atmos would sound!

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's great news! I'm ready to re-buy them as soon as they come out lol

Reactions: pmeintel

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Did you see this? Disney Has No Plans For 4K Catalog Titles? - Dark Horizons

I personally wanted to see Fight Club and Strange Days the most. I will have to break down and buy Strange Days on BD from Europe. True Lies and Strange Days were only on non anamorphic DVD and never on BD in the US.
Since Disney's financials aren't exactly solid right now I'm hoping that it'll either force them to do releases as a revenue play or get forces to sell off part of the company and the new owners will be smarter.

I believe they're coming early next year
They were slated for June 25th this year but unfortunately didn't happen. I was really looking forward to them. There's rumors of sometime in October for them but I'll believe that when I see it. Sounds like covid messed up the dates. I'm hopeful it might be sooner than later though since the work is being done at Weta in New Zealand and they're about back to normal.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
We watched Deep Water Horizon last night, which is our second viewing. We originally watched upon release when I had my system setup in my living room, which as 7.1 and not Atmos at the time. Boy, what a difference the Atmos track makes. This was a highly aggressive track that really put you into the horrifying events that were unfolding on the screen. The bass was relentless and was almost like its own character.

This is a deeply sad story, and while I enjoy the film, it can be hard to watch at times.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just got done watching Skyscraper. It was an ok movie. Some of the explosions were fun. The surround usage at the beginning was excellent. The saddest part for me was the ending credits, way down in them among the production coordinators etc., and the menu screen the bass dug deeper than any point in the movie.

As a side note I popped in The Incredible Hulk to watch a little and have on in background while on my laptop. As soon as it started I realized I haven't watched with my current 3 sub setup. I remember it being good bass but no where near as intense as it is now. I haven't even got to any of the action yet.

18641 - 18660 of 19174 Posts