AVS Forum banner

19001 - 19020 of 19186 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Anyone watch Project Power with Jamie Foxx? Good flick with some decent bass!
Ive been meaning to but have so much backlog to get through. Glad it brings the bass! For now though next up is the Outpost.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I recently got done re-watching Firefly series and today re-watched Serenity. Serenity was one of the first 4K discs I ever got. Before my OLED even, years ago. I know I haven't watched it since I went to full 11 channels and 3 subs. Boy it does pack a nice low end punch. Also did Mad Max Fury Road today first time with current configuration. Bad movie still, but frackin amazing soundmix. So many movies so little viewing time.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Hadn't seen RE afterlife since I added the PB3000 in my setup and my god the soundtrack is just nuts - the music, the weapons and the creepy noises its all just super effective. Bass is nonstop and clean and precise. Highly recommended as others have mentioned multiple times in here. Really hope rest of the series brings the same atmos madness to the UHD discs soon!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hadn't seen RE afterlife since I added the PB3000 in my setup and my god the soundtrack is just nuts - the music, the weapons and the creepy noises its all just super effective. Bass is nonstop and clean and precise. Highly recommended as others have mentioned multiple times in here. Really hope rest of the series brings the same atmos madness to the UHD discs soon!
Yeah that one surprised me and infuriates me. If mixers can do that good of a job on a movie like this, what the bleepity bleep, bleep is wrong with Disney sound engineers?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Finally watched The Outpost on Vudu today, I know it was just dolby digital but the bass was great

·
Registered
422 Posts
View attachment 3040859

So got The Addams Family on Blu-Ray from Netflix and I have to say, while the movie is . . .to par at best . . .the bass is pretty insane.

I think a lot of you would REALLY enjoy this one!
It's like we are all bottom feeding for bass these days! Ugh....I saw listed but maybe I will give it a go. Soooooooooooooooo bored! Need bass! ;-)

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Agreed ^^ i'm revisiting everything over and over,, at least now its with low port tunes subs. I just finished Marauders,,, good lord definitely a different bass experience than with previous sealed subs. I dont know the exact frequencies that were pulsing throughout but based on my experience and port wind would be comfortable saying mid to low teens as my house was shuttering with the pressure waves.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Anyone watch Project Power with Jamie Foxx? Good flick with some decent bass!
Pretty decent bass, I'll give you that. Good flick though? I don't even remember what the movie is about or any part of it. Easily top 3 worst movie I've watched all year and I've watched a lot. Yawn inducing.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Also did Mad Max Fury Road today first time with current configuration. Bad movie still, but frackin amazing soundmix. So many movies so little viewing time.
Mad Max Fury Road will always remain one of my favorite films to watch over and over... for demo purposes and for pure high octane entertainment. I even like it better than the original films (yeah, I know... sacrilege). Story? Meh! But I don't care... the audio, visuals and action sequences are so top notch, I forgive it for all of its other flaws!

And for those of you who haven't tried the game, you might be surprised... I found it to be one of the most enjoyable, little known, under-the-radar games I've played in recent years.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
^ +1 So far MMFR is the only movie that blew the dog bed across the living room floor lol. I think with a couple more DBs of volume Marauders may have also.

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Blair Witch 2016, towards the end, has some pretty decent violence in the LFE department. It's not throughout (as the movie doesn't pick up steam until weird stuff starts happening) but after they hit the perpetual night, the atmos and bass really ramp up.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Any reports on 300 yet - really looking forward to the 4K Atmos on this - be awhile since viewed

·
Registered
621 Posts
Blair Witch 2016, towards the end, has some pretty decent violence in the LFE department. It's not throughout (as the movie doesn't pick up steam until weird stuff starts happening) but after they hit the perpetual night, the atmos and bass really ramp up. View attachment 3041212
i still need to watch this movie!!! i will get to it i promise

·
Registered
970 Posts
I appreciate the recommendation for Headhunters! It's really good and the bass is as well, when called upon.

The main protagonist has a striking resemblance to a young Christopher Walken.

I am glad you enjoyed it, I had no idea it was bass worthy!

Myth Busters recreated the car accident scene and even though it was debunked the movie still works.

Reactions: SuperFist

·
Registered
970 Posts
The difference is even more dramatic using VUDU stream of Amaze vs Demo Disc DD+ vs TrueHD. All the same clip, all different audio experiences. There is more definition of the circling effects and more impactful lower end with that clip the better the version. Don't know about Star Wars Phantom Menace as I don't own, but streaming looses so much in audio compression on top of the video. Now if you sit far enough back from the TV I will admit you may not notice the visual loss, but no escaping the audio loss. I have digital versions purely for family to watch elsewhere not in my room. No need for their greasy paws to be all over them.
Totally agreed. Someone challenged me on this and had me watch a movie on netflix with a huge bass scene. I wish i could remember the name of that movie, some sort of horror movie with a kid who made butterflies. But i will always argue no matter how good the audio sounds for streaming i can still notice an uptick with disc versus streaming. I would be willing to take a double blind test to prove it.

Reactions: Bandyka

·
Registered
701 Posts
Watched Battle Los Angeles for the first time last night. I knew it was highly recommended bass movie and picked up cheap long ago. Been sitting on my shelf to watch. Silly, silly me for letting that sit on my shelf for so long. Gobs and gobs of bass. Well defined and different bass depending on why it was used. Despite only being a DTS HD 5.1, my Neural X upmix did a fantastic job of placing sound above appropriately. OK action flick but again amazing fun soundmix.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Totally agreed. Someone challenged me on this and had me watch a movie on netflix with a huge bass scene. I wish i could remember the name of that movie, some sort of horror movie with a kid who made butterflies. But i will always argue no matter how good the audio sounds for streaming i can still notice an uptick with disc versus streaming. I would be willing to take a double blind test to prove it.
Movie with Kid, Horror, and Butterflies? You might be talking about Brightburn... and while I agree streaming audio is almost always weaker against the disc, (sometimes by a lot), Netflix has the best audio than any other service, whether its atmos or just DD+ etc. Some of their original content has bass just as good as anything available on discs, just depends on the content. Other services like Prime, Vudu, Disney are pretty bad in comparison. Try watching A Quite Place on Prime or Edge of Tomorrow on Vudu its horribly behind from disc audio.

19001 - 19020 of 19186 Posts