·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Six minutes of the same note?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, there are several notes there, but so low that you can only feel them. There's quite a range of low frequency there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1417687/the-ultimate-subwoofer-test-tune#post_22170706

No offense, but that is not even close to being anywhere near being the ultimate test tune.

I know, but you have to admit, it does shake the whole house, and the title got your attention.

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
Not a bad bassline, but the tune was awfully repetitive. For some tunes that have even heavier bass, check out Basstronics' "Bass I Love You", the Subsonics Breaks remix of Acen's "Trip II the Moon", DJ Magic Mike's "How Low Can You Go", and Mr Oizo's "Inside the Kidney Machine". Those tunes will destroy your subs if cranked high enough. Of course, there's a boatload of other D'n'B, Dubstep, Reggea, and Miami Bass tunes that have gobs of bass in them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, very repetitive... I don't really care for it, just love the low bass... Thanks for the list. I'll definitely check that stuff out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ShadyJ - OMG!!! I just listened to (or rather, FELT) "Bass I love You"... It was the only one in the list I could find real quick... I still haven't picked my jaw up off the floor!
This is why I started this thread. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just heard it! That track is great for finding all the rattles in your house. LOL Not as impressive as "Bass I Love You", though. That made my recliner move like a massage chair.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qguy  /t/1417687/the-ultimate-subwoofer-test-tune#post_22172767

Thanks.. actually this repetitive tone is actually good for A-B comparisons

You're welcome! I knew that tune had to be good for SOMETHING.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardcat  /t/1417687/the-ultimate-subwoofer-test-tune#post_22173408

I used to listen to this a lot when I had 15 inch woofers in the house before I blew them and another set of 15 inch speakers. I would blast bass cds for 3 hours a day and a lot of rap when I was a teen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-sW7mzzxa8

WOW-this one was by far my favorite, and it exposed a ton of rattles throughout the house

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
You may check out "Old School" deep bass, however it's much more musical for my money. It doesn't have the occasional bass "bombs" that Bass I Love You has, but I can listen to the entire release, .. start to finish.

I can listen to some Dubstep, but it's not my favorite. What I really like is Crystal Method. The release I prefer is maybe 15 years old or so, Las Vegas, I really dig the track Trip Like I Do, She's My Pusher, High Roller.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts