AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the estimated ETA of this new ********** webpage??

I know it will be later tonight, but at what time?

I am getting very excited :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ah, not just Onix Rocket but everything...cables, Perpetual Technologies gear etc.

Now what fun would it be for us if I told you the upload time? :D

Sean

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
From Another Thread - Posted yesterday (12/12/02):
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ozmai
....There are some pictures in the long Rocket thread, though very shortly you'll find much more information on these (and every other new Onix/Rocket product that's been rumored for the past couple weeks) on our new site. We should be ready to launch this evening, so take a look tomorrow or this weekend under our new "News and Reviews" page. You'll find info, stats, high-res photo's of the new Ref line (both 1 and 2) as well as the Rocket Risers, Rocket Subs, ELT, etc...

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me an e-mail!

Thanks

Steve
Hmmm?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
We have switched over to the new site. It will take a while for everyone's ISP to replicate the DNS change....it's up!

Sean

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Here is what I get:

"Thank you for visiting the new AV123! We are currently in the middle of finalizing the transition from our old site to the new site. Check back here in 24 hours to see all the new improvements we're bringing you. See you soon!"

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
???Whassup???

I tried earlier this morning and got the same message Kendrid got, now I get the old website? Is it going to be another day or two now?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you get the old site, your DNS server is pointing to the wrong place (it will auto update). If you get the message I got, I am assuming that it is a 'site under construction' page. It is the new site, just not ready yet.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kendrid
If you get the old site, your DNS server is pointing to the wrong place (it will auto update). If you get the message I got, I am assuming that it is a 'site under construction' page. It is the new site, just not ready yet.
Correct, Kevin. Once your ISP's DNS changes take effect, the new site will be up. If you see the "Welcome to AV123" intro page right now, the site is indeed up. We're doing final testing right now, making sure our store and all fronts work "live" as they did on our servers. Once this has been confirmed (before I leave at 7:00pm this evening MST), the site will be up and running!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Oh yeah, I was being dumb...of course the response graphs are on the Rocket page and not the av123 one. Thumbs up on the new design.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The frequency graphs should be with the photos and specs of the speakers. They are 'lost' by having to goto the Rocket page. You have the Frequency response, impedence, and even the manuals but no graphs.

It looks nice. The dials are different, but work on this kind of site.

I noticed an error on these pages:
http://www.**********/products_produc...les&product=17
http://www.**********/products_produc...les&product=24

One too many bullets. I found one error and then started QAing the site. Slow friday night... Time to go fire up the tube amp.

Just my .02 anyway.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The site looks very cool, now I am thinking about selling my Divas and getting some Rockets.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments on the new site! I can't tell you how good it feels to see our new home FINALLY up and running this morning. I'll be making some more changes to the site today, so continue to check back frequently this weekend for even MORE information!

Before addressing the comments on the new site, I'd like to take a second to sincerely thank the guys at Mustard Lab, specifically Lance, Shawn, and John, for their extremely dedicated and hard work on this project. This is by far the most professional and talented design team I've ever had the opportunity to work with, and the experience was something I'm very grateful to have had. I know the guys probably can't stand my voice by now, as I've been nagging them on additions and new changes for the past 4 months, but they do deserve an enormous thanks. In every instance that I requested something from them, the changes were programmed and reflected on the new site within 24 hours...incredible. Also, if any of you get a chance, and want to see what is probably the most unique and just plain cool website out there, take a second to visit www.mustardlab.com. Make sure your sound is on, and view the "flash" site...pay attention to how fast the pages load. The "who we are" page is my personal favorite. These guys are NOT your average web-programmers. They're really onto something special here, making the internet not only a source of information, but entertainment as well. In addition, they have patented and designed a new product interface that we will shortly be featuring at **********. It's called Fusion VR, and when you see what it's capable of, you won't believe your eyes. In the very near future, you'll actually be able to pull every one of our speakers out of the page and examine the entire speaker in full 3D. However, unlike other sites offering this type function, Fusion VR offers ultra-high resolution, with extremely rapid load times, and the ability to examine each individual component of our speakers separately. You'll see a logo for Fusion VR on our home page...click on that for a demo of what you'll be seeing shortly on the Rockets.

On behalf of all of us at AV123...thank you Mustard.

Kindest regards,

Steve Ozmai

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kendrid
The frequency graphs should be with the photos and specs of the speakers. They are 'lost' by having to goto the Rocket page. You have the Frequency response, impedence, and even the manuals but no graphs.

It looks nice. The dials are different, but work on this kind of site.

I noticed an error on these pages:
http://www.**********/products_produc...les&product=17
http://www.**********/products_produc...les&product=24

One too many bullets. I found one error and then started QAing the site. Slow friday night... Time to go fire up the tube amp.

Just my .02 anyway.
Thanks for your comments Kendrid. I've already made the changes...sorry about that. This site is so large, with SO much information, that these small errors are bound to pop up from time to time. If any of you see anything strange like this, please let me know ASAP at [email protected]********** and I'll make sure it's corrected immediately.

As for the frequency and impedance graphs, the decision was made for this information to stay at the manufacturer website ( www.rocketloudspeakers.com ). Getting into this depth on each and every product we sell, and are going to sell in the future, would result in a much larger and more convoluted site. Our goal here is to provide as much information as possible on each product, but keeping it easily manageable and hassle free for virtually any connection. However, what I will do is put a more apparent link on the "speakers" pages to link directly to the manufacturer site...thanks for the suggestions!

Overall, what are your feelings on the site as a whole? Have you had a chance to check out the high-res images in each speaker's gallery yet? That's my favorite part...the artwork is amazing, and the load times are almost instantaneous.

Kindest regards,

Steve

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by codemarine
I cannot find any of the new products (risers, Onix Ref, ELT, etc) anywhere on the site. Didn't I read from SteveO that those products would be up there at the time of the new site launch? Perhaps I just can't find 'em.

--Steve
Thanks for the post, Steve. This is my goal for today, actually. I have the list right here in front of me, and will be adding this content to the site throughout the day. All the info on new products will be found under "News and Reviews" in a "Future Products" section. I'll be adding these in one at a time today, so continue to check back for more info. The pictures probably won't be up until Monday, though all the information and content that we have now should be there by 3:30pm MST.

Thanks!

Steve

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.