AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as all of you should know E3 is coming up next week so there are many predications of what Sony may announce. It may just be wishful thinking on my part but I'm guessing they'll show off a replacement of the PSP. Look at the upcoming games for the PSP, nothing big is coming out. Also according to IGN, Sony recently filed a patent for a multi-touch device with memory sticks inputs, that would be pretty cool for a handheld eh?

But there are some questions as to if a PSP2 came out, would it be backwards compatible? UMD is almost dead and would take up a large chunk of the device just for BC. Also how would remote play change? For the few people that actually use it frequantly would it be much better on the new device?

But overall what is your opinion? Do you also think a replacement PSP is coming out or do you think I'm a crackhead wishing for a more Sony filled future?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hopefully it can play Dreamcast, PS2, X-Box and Gamecube games from a memory card.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Eh, I doubt it. It's only been 3 years.

When it does come, I don't think it would be backwards compatible, just because I think they would use some kind of (proprietary) flash memory for games rather than UMD. That would allow them to take out the disc drive and reduce battery life at the same time.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
They won't introduce a new PSP at this E3. They've announced a lot of new things that'll be introduced in the coming months for the PSP and there will be some HOME tie-in which should be announced at E3.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I really doubt PSP2 will be released even 5 years from now. The current model still looks pretty good as far as graphics/capabilities and so forth.

PSP is selling more this year than it ever has, and that trend may continue. Why would they mess with that?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/14266242

Didn't the 2000 (or slim) just come out?

About this time last year. What is with these speculation threads? There wont be a PSP2 anytime soon. They just redesigned the darned thing, now people are talking about a new one.... come on.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanno999 /forum/post/14265869

Look at the upcoming games for the PSP, nothing big is coming out.

Patapon 2 and LocoRoco 2 just got announced. Two of the best games on the system. Also, if a PSP2 were coming out soon, don't you think they would have bumped up the res on God of War Chains of Olympus and made it a launch title?

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
There won't be a new PSP, but the system really doesn't have a whole hell of a lot going for it right now. Third party support is nonexistant.

There is a better chance of a new Nintendo handheld being announced, really. But even then its unlikely.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
PSP2? We're still waiting for the GPS attachment!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
On a side note, could I turn my PS3 on from work with a PSP and then go onto the PSN store and start downloading demos. If I could, I might buy a PSP, as its the interactivity between the PS3 and PSP that interest me the most.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/14267624

On a side note, could I turn my PS3 on from work with a PSP and then go onto the PSN store and start downloading demos. If I could, I might buy a PSP, as its the interactivity between the PS3 and PSP that interest me the most.

Maybe
.. In theory that feature works...but real world.. lets say some have had good luck while others have not.It seems to depend on your router the PS3 is connected too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 /forum/post/14267022

Patapon 2 and LocoRoco 2 just got announced. Two of the best games on the system. Also, if a PSP2 were coming out soon, don't you think they would have bumped up the res on God of War Chains of Olympus and made it a launch title?

Although it is possible Patapon 2 and LocoRoco 2 could be coming out on the PSP2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts