AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...you know, the USB port that the MS wireless adapter connects to. Is that all its good for, or can I use that USB port for whatever I want to use it for?

I use the ethernet jack for my network connection, so that USB port is currently unused.

I normally keep my ipod connected to the xbox so I can listen to music, and it just occurred to me that I could clean up the appearance of my system by plugging the ipod into that USB port on the back instead of the front of the machine.

Does anyone know if that USB on the back is dedicated solely to the use of the MS wireless adapter, or is it just as useful as the USB ports on the front?

·
Registered
581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Bull /forum/post/0

...you know, the USB port that the MS wireless adapter connects to. Is that all its good for, or can I use that USB port for whatever I want to use it for?

I use the ethernet jack for my network connection, so that USB port is currently unused.

I normally keep my ipod connected to the xbox so I can listen to music, and it just occurred to me that I could clean up the appearance of my system by plugging the ipod into that USB port on the back instead of the front of the machine.

Does anyone know if that USB on the back is dedicated solely to the use of the MS wireless adapter, or is it just as useful as the USB ports on the front?

same as the front.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Quote:

Why not test it out for us and post the results?!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I plugged my PSP into the back USB and the 360 recognized it.

I plugged in my 300 GB external hd as well (formatted on Mac OS X) and it was recogized as well. So far all I can do is use them in the media tab - I don't know how or if it is possible to copy files to the 360 hd (mp3's, jpg's, wmv's, etc...) via external USB.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Quote:

The HD-DVD add on also uses a USB port.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanneild /forum/post/0

Why? I have my Fundue running off -my- 360.

Seriously though - back USB ports are the same as the front ones.

lol that would be hysterical. i could just imagine the sight of someone setting that thing on top of their 360...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.