AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This flick is going to be on tonight. I know the DVD is awful, 'cause I have it, and wondered if this was a true HD transfer or an upconvert. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
SHO.com says it's not even Widescreen. 4x3. POO!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
If that is true, then rejoice be to God because both DVD's are absolute rotting ****e.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by F4Boy
Good to hear HDNTMV is getting it soon.
Haven't checked this current thread to see if HDNet Movies is being limited to 1280X1080 as well as the original HDNet via D*. But, if it is, I'm sure those down-rezzing it have run a careful spectrum analysis of the film telecine to ensure there's no useful resolvable detail above 1280 pixels.:rolleyes: -- John

·
Registered
575 Posts
That s*cks!

I set up to record that last night with my new R5000-HD setup. What a waste. Why show it on SHO-HD?

·
Registered
519 Posts
fyi - this is on Saturday 12/4 on HDNET Movies - given HDNet, I'm sure it will be OAR...

10:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM PT

The Usual Suspects

1995 - R - 1:46

Cast: Kevin Spacey, Gabriel Byrne, Chazz Palminteri, Director: Bryan Singer

Police investigating an exploded boat on a San Pedro pier discover 27 bodies and $91 million worth of drug money. The only survivors are a severely burned Hungarian terrorist and Roger "Verbal" Kint, a crippled con-man. The police interrogate Kint about what exactly happened on the boat. His story begins six weeks earlier with five criminals brought in for a lineup by New York police desperate for suspects on a hijacked truck and ends with the identity of a criminal mastermind.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Can't wait to see it. All of the films I've seen on HDNet have made the $10.99 I spend on the package worth it. Now if I just had some way to record it without spending $900........

·
Registered
575 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the update.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ralphjb
That s*cks!

I set up to record that last night with my new R5000-HD setup. What a waste. Why show it on SHO-HD?
Most HD premium channels are a mix of HD and SD. Many of these channels' movie schedules are identical to their SD counterpart channels, with the exception that some movies are in HD. So you will see some HD and some SD on these channels.

·
Registered
575 Posts
HBO-HD, yes. Showtime-HD, not necessarily.

At any rate, I can understand when the original program was filmed (or taped) in 4x3. But a wide screen movie? A waste.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.