AVS Forum banner

521 - 540 of 2665 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
You can use the regular pink fluffy fiberglass which works about the same it's just more itchy. You can also use polyfill if you can find a way to line the walls with it.
Thanks i found some actually in the store guess it's better to go inside the store vs looking online......So I'm lining the top & back of the box only ???? No sides walls ?

You can use 1.5" foam mattress topper from Wal-Mart as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Wish i knew this hour ago i found some R13....Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys,

How would changing the height from 31.5" to 25"-28" affect performance? I would like to build these into more waf friendly end tables. I plan on running these with the lowest tuning. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi guys,

How would changing the height from 31.5" to 25"-28" affect performance? I would like to build these into more waf friendly end tables. I plan on running these with the lowest tuning. Thanks for your help!
You can change the size of any dimension as long as you keep the internal volume the same. I made mine down firing end tables and it worked out well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can change the size of any dimension as long as you keep the internal volume the same. I made mine down firing end tables and it worked out well.

Thanks for the reply. I like your build, your end tables really look good. What did they replace? How does it compare to your previous set up?

Do you think the response would be drastically different if I made it shorter? Or just less spl? I would add two of the modified end tables and one to size VBSS.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I like your build, your end tables really look good. What did they replace? How does it compare to your previous set up?

Do you think the response would be drastically different if I made it shorter? Or just less spl? I would add two of the modified end tables and one to size VBSS.
Your question is somewhat ambiguous, so I will follow up with a blanket statement. If you change the internal volume then yes it changes the design. If you just change the shape but maintain similar internal volumes then it doesn't matter much, aside from making sure you have enough room for the ports. If you want to change the design then I would suggest running simulations in WinISD to compare the different internal volumes and such. If you want something smaller a Marty cube would work as well. Personally I wanted a VBSS pair as it is cheaper and I didn't care that these weren't the absolute best under 20hz.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your question is somewhat ambiguous, so I will follow up with a blanket statement. If you change the internal volume then yes it changes the design. If you just change the shape but maintain similar internal volumes then it doesn't matter much, aside from making sure you have enough room for the ports. If you want to change the design then I would suggest running simulations in WinISD to compare the different internal volumes and such. If you want something smaller a Marty cube would work as well. Personally I wanted a VBSS pair as it is cheaper and I didn't care that these weren't the absolute best under 20hz.
Yeah, I'll probably just build them to size. Momma will get over it. I'm sure a few of the flex 12 would work great too, but when I can get the 18 for less...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yeah, I'll probably just build them to size. Momma will get over it. I'm sure a few of the flex 12 would work great too, but when I can get the 18 for less...
I built mine to spec, and added legs to make them about 24 or 25 inches tall, which was about the height of the all black HSU it replaces.

I can't imagine having a better bang for the buck than these things.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Can someone help me to make sure i got my wiring right..... Box one with the single Neutrik four pole connector I'm using +1 & -1...... The second box with duel Neutrik four pole connector bottom coming from Box 1 I have +1 & -1 & Also the top Neutrik four pole connector i have that one +1 & -1 is this correct as it appear on the picture @mtg90

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Can someone help me to make sure i got my wiring right..... Box one with the single Neutrik four pole connector I'm using +1 & -1...... The second box with duel Neutrik four pole connector bottom coming from Box 1 I have +1 & -1 & Also the top Neutrik four pole connector i have that one +1 & -1 is this correct as it appear on the picture ?

That will be running them in parallel and give you a 4ohm load. I saw you have an Inuke 6000 so yes that will work. Set a limiter as that will be way over what they can take for power.

Reactions: LTD02

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
That will be running them in parallel and give you a 4ohm load. I saw you have an Inuke 6000 so yes that will work. Set a limiter as that will be way over what they can take for power.
I actually purchase Inuke3k dsp last week.... So wiring stay the same ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Purenv

·
Registered
76 Posts
We'll after multiple other projects to earn me some good points with the wife, I've just been out and purchased all the mdf needed for two of these subs.
Can't wait to get started! :cool:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I actually purchase Inuke3k dsp last week.... So wiring stay the same ?

That depends are you running them both off of one channel or bridged?

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
That depends are you running them both off of one channel or bridged?
I'm trying to run two off each channel....... I have total of four subs.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Reactions: mikeTRON250LM

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Well the only holdup now is new Inuke3k dsp. For some reason the last one blew & it was brand new(Sweetwater replaced it no problem ). Making sure my wiring is correct which make me kinda nervous. Missing ports for my other two boxes which going to make total of four.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Well the only holdup now is new Inuke3k dsp. For some reason the last one blew & it was brand new(Sweetwater replaced it no problem ). Making sure my wiring is correct which make me kinda nervous. Missing ports for my other two boxes which going to make total of four.

It blew? Do you have an ohm meter or multi meter? I wouldn't hook another amp up without checking to see what you actually have for a load at the speakon terminals. What if you have a bad sub and it is shorted. Probably not but I wouldn't risk it. I don't think they would send you another amp no questions asked.

Even cheap one will work https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3320-Auto-Ranging-Digital-Multimeter/dp/B000EVYGZA there might be a better one cheaper that is just one that came up and is rated good and I have it and it works ok for what I need.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I don't see why not if you have the ability to manage the crossover well enough. The posted full range response of the woofer looks great up to 500hz.

oh man this graph put some bad thoughts in my head. with that frequency response im thinking this sub paired with a 500hz lecleach horn would make one SICK main speaker.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Can someone, anyone kindly measure the response in REW up to about 2khz?

Im interested in knowing if this can be used as the woofer for a fullrange speaker crossing over to a horn around 1k to 2khz.

THANKS !!!!!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Can someone, anyone kindly measure the response in REW up to about 2khz?

Im interested in knowing if this can be used as the woofer for a fullrange speaker crossing over to a horn around 1k to 2khz.

THANKS !!!!!
I am no speaker designer but I think you might want to Google how to figure out when a speaker begins to beam. When beaming begins is based on the size of the driver. Also the center to center distance of the tweeter and the woofer play a role in crossover point selection too.

521 - 540 of 2665 Posts