AVS Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 2665 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am Germany, no chance over here. Need to look for alternatives or the new versions!?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I feel your pain mate and although I can get most products here in Australia we get raped in doing so! I like to support my country but when I can purchase items from the US and even with there massive delivery fees the items still come in at 20% cheaper AND normally arrive faster than my own country can deliver items....
Sadly now Australia has a tax on every OS purchase (used to only be over $1k) so we get screwed either way but I still reckon it'd be cheaper and especially for home theatre etc!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Of course, but this is double the price and actually from a Marketplace seller *and* they actually don't have it! Listing says they'll ship in 2-3 days, of course after ordering from a distributor, the funny thing is that no distributor carries the iNuke any longer. Tried a couple and got a cancelation from everywhere.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Do the Nuke's (like the NU3000DSP) sold in the US have a build in universal power supply, i.e. 100-240 volts or is it purely 110 volts? Can somebody from the US check and confirm this?

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,130
I think I read in one of the threads here where someone tried in and found that the inuke remote connect software does not work with the new NX amplifiers. Behringer has also yet to release new software compatible with these amps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have another quick question, I apologize if it has been asked before.

I got an iNuke 1000 DSP, and I have gone through all the steps to load the DSP settings into the presets, no problems there. But looking at them vs. the settings for entering them manually, some of the settings are different, mainly the ones for limiting. Should the settings that get entered when you download an arp. file be the same as the settings that are on the text file for non-iNuke amplifiers? I'm using all the info on page 1 of this thread.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,132
If you are using a 1000DSP you will have to manually switch it to bridged mode and adjust the limiter settings to match that in the text file. The limiter settings in the ARP files are designed for the 3000DSP and the 1000DSP can't deliver the required voltage/power in its normal dual channel modes it has to be in bridged mode.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are using a 1000DSP you will have to manually switch it to bridged mode and adjust the limiter settings to match that in the text file. The limiter settings in the ARP files are designed for the 3000DSP and the 1000DSP can't deliver the required voltage/power in its normal dual channel modes it has to be in bridged mode.
Thanks! So the info in the .txt file is correct for the 1000dsp?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is there a benefit if using an Inuke 3000 vs 1000 for dual VBSS? I’m currently using a plate amp and I want to upgrade so I can use the dynamic eq curve with the DSP.

I don’t think I will ever add more subwoofer in this room due to waf and honestly 2 of them are plenty for me. It’s loud enough 😅

I’m just wondering if I would be leaving some output on the table with the Inuke 1000, you know for these occasionnal party that might occur. I might need a higher hpf kn this case to prevent over excursions.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,136
The inuke 1000 in bridged mode will deliver more power to the 4 ohm load then the 3000 does in stereo, so if you are sticking with just 2 subs there is no reason to upgrade.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok I am struggling with what to do here. Currently I am running a hst-18 in a Johnny sub. Its sounds great and has great ulf. I was looking to add some midbass to get that chest slam. I have already picked up 2 pa460 but very undecided on what to tune them too or integrate them with my hst-18. Should I go with the 31hz tuning or shoot for lower and just put a high pass filter. When we do move if we have room I do plan on adding another hst-18. I will do a modified version of the v.b.s.s as I want to go 12 inches deep by 28.5 high I am good with whatever width i need be. Any thoughts or input on this? I will probably be going with a birch ply build as well if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The picture of the bracing on the first page almost looks like it is supposed to support the driver, and the piece between the ports looks long enough to attach to the front face of the box. Is that how it is supposed to work? Or is the upper bracing in the box deeper than the driver goes?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quick question, when installing ports for the 31 Hz tune. Do you connect both flared ends together or is using one fine?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am building a single VBSS slot ported and want to make sure my dimensions seem right:

6.25 sq ft volume (not including port)

External box measurements = 23.5” W x 33.75” H x 18.5” D

Port is 22” wide (full width) x 1” high x 38.11” total length, round overs all around

Tuned to 15 Hz using one PA460-8

1121 - 1140 of 2665 Posts