AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished watching this film, not bad at all. Different from what I expected.

Registered
The main reason I want to see this is that it was shot in a small town in Louisiana that I used to visit as a kid. We had a campground there for years. Also, I like John C. Reilly, whether he does comedy or drama. Everyone thinks he's only a comedian, but he does serious roles, too. In fact, he won an Oscar for "Chicago".

Registered
I enjoyed the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons /forum/post/18234951

Better than I expected. Wanted to see more of Defoe's character. A shame that there won't be a follow-up.

Wasnt this made from a series? It ended like there was going to be more made.

cheers

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by titch-- /forum/post/18235006

I enjoyed the movie.

Wasnt this made from a series? It ended like there was going to be more made.

cheers

There was supposed to be. Too bad it only did 13 mil domestic. Alot of movies I like don't always do great at the box office. But 13 million is tough to do a sequel on.

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPC /forum/post/18234844

The main reason I want to see this is that it was shot in a small town in Louisiana that I used to visit as a kid. We had a campground there for years. Also, I like John C. Reilly, whether he does comedy or drama. Everyone thinks he's only a comedian, but he does serious roles, too. In fact, he won an Oscar for "Chicago".

Reilly and Defoe are what intrigued me about the movie

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel clemons /forum/post/18234951

better than i expected. Wanted to see more of defoe's character. A shame that there won't be a follow-up.

+1

Registered
This finally showed up from my blockbuster queue. I had low expectations - and ended up enjoying it. Looked and sounded good. Too bad there will not be a sequel. (I am assuming) I enjoyed John C Reilly in this kind of more dramatic role.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.