AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one for classic lovers that popped up recently.

Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Ernest Borgnine, & Pyscho's Janet Leigh.

2.35.1 Enhanced, English Mono

This is one of my favorites from the old days. Filmed in 1958. Beautiful Technicolor. The featuret with director Richard Fleischer is interesting also.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Although this movie was talked about, and I watched it at the pay for a ticket movie theater at age 10 it sure looked big enough for me. Course I had to see it again as an adult, to get the mature scenes right in my head, you know the things you learn before or after puberty.

I remember the big horns when blown da da da, da da da, from 45 years ago. Like you remember William Wallace (Mel Gibson) yelling Freedom at the block.:)

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
guitarman, it's been out a long time...but i do agree this is one of my all-time favorite movies..

brickie

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Bought this the day it came out months ago and was pleasantly surprised by the video transfer! Those shot of the ships in the bay and the waterfall in the background were incredible! The sound was nothing special but it was so bad as to be distracting. This was the first time I saw it in Widescreen and it was a totally different film!

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad you guys got it first. ;) It just reached Best Buys in California. Seems it was an East Coast movie. heh heh

Frank is right on the widescreen. I may hv seen it in the Movie Theaters but can't remember that far back. Colors and Cinenma Photography are excellent.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Great movie. A shame the original stereo tracks have been lost. Mono sucks.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounded pretty good on my Paradigm Fronts, they both have 150watt subs in them. The Movie's like an old friend comes home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.