AVS Forum banner

10181 - 10200 of 14461 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
...Aaron has become the T-Dog of this current group, lending his can-do fighting support, but not really having any real character development since he was first introduced. We've only heard him make passing reference to his partner, who I can't remember seeing in quite some time.
I think that's because he became Zombie food.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
He also said that the script didn't have anyone dying and no one knows who it is going to be.
So that's what made everyone sick to their stomachs! Everything that comes out of that production CO. is bs.
BTW, in the 21st century, breath stream is done with a computer - unless you're Leonardo.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
There's conflicting information now about no one knows who dies. Interviews with Morgan and Reedus have them saying they know who it is.

I'm wondering if Daryl being on Talking Dead was a big hint...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,994 Posts
They *may* have blocked the all the roads (and correctly guessed the order they would try them so as to have a progressively larger group of people or more impressive obstacle at each one), but it defies credibility for them to have established a camp in the forest exactly where they expected them to give up on the RV and trek by foot.

Yep .. although each road could have been covered, the idea that, at the end of it all, the RV Gang would not have just returned to Alexandria even though Maggie was having medical problems .. after all, everyone knows Hilltop is a Saviors run encampment .. so, logically, if you can get back to Alexandria, maybe you've got a chance .. but if all roads to Hilltop are being monitored by some of the Negan Army, you'd tend to think Hilltop itself is also being guarded, making you screwed any way you slice it .. unless, of course, if you could possibly get back to Alexandria ..

Hoofing it through the woods, at night then ending up exactly where the Negan Gang is at seemed like a real stretch .. or, Negan is just that good ..

Reactions: dan4081 and Nayan

·
Registered
844 Posts
There's conflicting information now about no one knows who dies. Interviews with Morgan and Reedus have them saying they know who it is.

I'm wondering if Daryl being on Talking Dead was a big hint...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
And he also has a new starting on AMC ...... hmm

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Yep .. although each road could have been covered, the idea that, at the end of it all, the RV Gang would not have just returned to Alexandria even though Maggie was having medical problems .. after all, everyone knows Hilltop is a Saviors run encampment .. so, logically, if you can get back to Alexandria, maybe you've got a chance .. but if all roads to Hilltop are being monitored by some of the Negan Army, you'd tend to think Hilltop itself is also being guarded, making you screwed any way you slice it .. unless, of course, if you could possibly get back to Alexandria ..

Hoofing it through the woods, at night then ending up exactly where the Negan Gang is at seemed like a real stretch .. or, Negan is just that good ..
As you said, it is a stretch. A simple fact is that this country of ours is huge. It is filled with vast tracts of empty country where bumping into the living during this time would not occur so easily. I remember someone trying to figure out how many people would actually be left in the entire world and it was not many. Perhaps, someone can post that link. I think in a real world situation it would be a great stroke of luck to actually bump into anyone, especially when walking in open country. So, it always makes me laugh, when our gang finds themselves surrounded wherever they go. But of course, there is no show unless there is the drama of interaction. On a side note, It would have been cool and fun if they had modified the Rv a bit and attached their portable grenade launcher, a couple of machine guns, some metal plate and blasted through the little checkpoints. That would have messed with their corral plans a bit.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
I'm actually wondering - what may have happened at Hilltop since the Alexandrians raided the Satellite Dish Facility - if Negan was aware of the collaboration with Hilltop and if he was, has he punished the Hilltopians? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I remember someone trying to figure out how many people would actually be left in the entire world and it was not many. Perhaps, someone can post that link. I think in a real world situation it would be a great stroke of luck to actually bump into anyone, especially when walking in open country.
According to this it's under 400,000. With such a small amount of people left in the world you'd be hard pressed to ever run into anyone . Hell the human race would be on the endangered species list http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Someone-Figured-Out-How-Many-People-Still-Alive-Walking-Dead-Universe-It-Crazy-122817.html

·
Registered
20,250 Posts

Eugene mentioned that they most likely blocked the route back to Alexandria as well (thus being surrounded). I believe on he map there was a central track of land that the roads went around. I'm guessing they figured a "distraction tactic" would be used and that meant someone would have to go out on foot. They couldn't use the roads and would have to use the woods for cover. The more they moved around the tighter that circle would have been. Maybe it wasn't so much luck, but they were "herded" to that place. Heck Eugene must have been caught early in order to be there as well.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
I think that's because he became Zombie food.
Nope. Aaron's boyfriend Eric is still alive according to the TWD wiki. No appearance since the herd invaded Alexandria and he helped fight them off. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Raleigh_(TV_Series)

·
Registered
14,445 Posts
I think the biggest clue as to who is going to die is in what Kirkman said on the Talking Dead. He was going on about the impact and such and he said it will be very hard because they are killing a character so beloved by everyone and hat it has a huge impact etc.

There are very few people in that lineup that they would consider beloved by everyone. Rick and Carl are out based on Neegan's comments. Aaron is far from loved by everyone, same for Eugene, Abraham, Sasha, Rosetta, etc. I think that leaves Glen, Maggie, Daryl, and Michone as the only ones they would consider beloved by everyone.

If they want to drive Rick further into despair and down a dark path, it would be Michone. If they want shock the audience and prove they are not going to listen to the fans, it is Daryl. If they want to impact the group as a whole, it is Maggie. If they want to kill a main character and not impact the group dynamic/going forward it is Glen.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
His instructions are how to assemble the bullet, how to make gunpowder (pretty easy if you know the recipe), etc.
Sure if you want to make homemade firecrackers. But powder
and primer in modern bullets is just as engineered as the modern semi-automatics that the group would want to be using the bullets in. It is not going to be easy to make what they need without producing bullets which produce lots of misfires and jams in many of the weapons that they would be using, rendering them fairly risky to use for self-defense. Although perhaps they could just stick to producing bullets for revolvers and bolt action rifles. That would certainly make things a little easier.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i still think the cliffhanger was one of the dumbest decisions....reading all of the showrunners defending this decision and thinking it is amazing storytelling is awful

·
UHD Addict
37,097 Posts
i still think the cliffhanger was one of the dumbest decisions....reading all of the showrunners defending this decision and thinking it is amazing storytelling is awful
Overall I have no problem with the cliffhanger since the show will be back next season. My only real problem with the cliffhanger is worrying that the result will be spoiled before the season Premiere in the fall. I don't want to find out who got killed until I watch the first episode next season.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The ending was perfect to keep the budget under control. Any actor that asks for too much money for season 7 gets to be the one that got the beating.
Hahaha!

So you have some spent brass that may or may not be able to be reused, no primers, no smokeless powder, no dies or presses and no recipes specific to each caliber....as I originally stated it's BS.
I think you're too far off into the weeds. There are ways to make something that goes bang and shoots a projectile. It doesn't necessarily mean duplicating a modern metallic cartridge

They *may* have blocked the all the roads (and correctly guessed the order they would try them so as to have a progressively larger group of people or more impressive obstacle at each one), but it defies credibility for them to have established a camp in the forest exactly where they expected them to give up on the RV and trek by foot.
As you said, it is a stretch. A simple fact is that this country of ours is huge. It is filled with vast tracts of empty country where bumping into the living during this time would not occur so easily. I remember someone trying to figure out how many people would actually be left in the entire world and it was not many. Perhaps, someone can post that link. I think in a real world situation it would be a great stroke of luck to actually bump into anyone, especially when walking in open country. So, it always makes me laugh, when our gang finds themselves surrounded wherever they go. But of course, there is no show unless there is the drama of interaction. On a side note, It would have been cool and fun if they had modified the Rv a bit and attached their portable grenade launcher, a couple of machine guns, some metal plate and blasted through the little checkpoints. That would have messed with their corral plans a bit.
I like the armored RV idea. Most vehicles are like tissue paper when it comes to stopping bullets. :eek:

As to meeting up with Rick & Co., if I had people at my disposal and radios, I would set up a network of OPs (observation posts) to monitor traffic on roads, and perhaps also through the woods. Naturally, there would be holes, but establishing a perimeter around my base and being able to report incursions and move reinforcements to meet intruders would be a critical survival technique.

I'm not sure how much of a camp it really was where our people ended up.

It should also be noted that our people do not seem to understand the concept of stealthy movement and are speaking in full voice as they noisily tromp through the woods, which is a really great way to get caught. :(

I think the biggest clue as to who is going to die is in what Kirkman said on the Talking Dead. He was going on about the impact and such and he said it will be very hard because they are killing a character so beloved by everyone and hat it has a huge impact etc.

There are very few people in that lineup that they would consider beloved by everyone. Rick and Carl are out based on Neegan's comments. Aaron is far from loved by everyone, same for Eugene, Abraham, Sasha, Rosetta, etc. I think that leaves Glen, Maggie, Daryl, and Michone as the only ones they would consider beloved by everyone.

If they want to drive Rick further into despair and down a dark path, it would be Michone. If they want shock the audience and prove they are not going to listen to the fans, it is Daryl. If they want to impact the group as a whole, it is Maggie. If they want to kill a main character and not impact the group dynamic/going forward it is Glen.
I can't really argue with any of that. OTOH, I don't really want to speculate who it is. There is conflicting info as to whether the writers or actors even know yet. There would be some poetic justice to having Glenn be the one just because of the dumpster thing being a little contrived (although I said at the time he could have gone under there). From a pure Machiavellian perspective, which perhaps Neegan holds, Maggie is the least worthwhile because she is ill and pregnant, so couldn't contribute much if spared.

I dunno. :confused::D

·
Registered
26,537 Posts
And he also has a new starting on AMC ...... hmm
Norman Reedus' new series is just a Reality show he shot while Walking Dead was on hiatus. It has no bearing on whether he returns to Walking Dead next season or not.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think you're too far off into the weeds. There are ways to make something that goes bang and shoots a projectile. It doesn't necessarily mean duplicating a modern metallic cartridge
Uhhh, it was specifically said repeatedly... BULLETS. It would take the same powder (lack there of) to make a crappy "saturday night special" as it would to manufacturer ammunition. Also, given the recent divulge of information from the Hilltop gang, we ran out of ammo months ago, of course they are talking about making "bullets".

·
Registered
364 Posts
Also a question about Jesus' whereabouts....when they showed the one hilltop guy carrying the other out of the compound..was that before or after jesus appeared and saved heath/glenn? If after, why wasn't Jesus in the scene where they were outdoors on the radio? I honestly think they hired him after they were done shooting 13 14 15 16 and filmed the Daryl/Rick episode AFTER the remained of the season....that or again terrible writing.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Uhhh, it was specifically said repeatedly... BULLETS. It would take the same powder (lack there of) to make a crappy "saturday night special" as it would to manufacturer ammunition. Also, given the recent divulge of information from the Hilltop gang, we ran out of ammo months ago, of course they are talking about making "bullets".
Ok, so you believe that "making bullets" means "duplicating and loading modern metallic cartridges" and you point out the difficulties involved.

I happen to think that the definition of "making bullets" may be a bit broader than that. Not that they couldn't scrounge up reloading presses, dies, etc., if they went looking for them. It isn't like they are in Chicago or NYC.

10181 - 10200 of 14461 Posts