AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the Bravo HD+ schedule and noticed that The West Wing in HD has started.

I'm certainly appreciative of Dish for giving us the new HD package now instead of making us wait until November and the Superdish before adding new HD channels.

I've read the rumors that Dish has (or shortly will have) a deal with Bravo for their HD channel. I was really hoping that Dish would have also added Bravo HD+ now rather than waiting for the Superdish, if for no other reason than to be able to see The West Wing in HD from the beginning. I don't mind waiting for other new HD channels until November, but Bravo HD+ is the one channel I really wanted to be able to see now. Oh well.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I did see some clips of the West Wing in HD via a short Bravo HD segment my local Best Buy over the weekend.

The new season on NBC starts Sept 24, a week from today, so I guess we will see it in HD next week.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Has West Wing always been done in HD? I thought all previous seasons were just SD in a widescreen format, and this is the first season to do true HD.

·
Registered
627 Posts
For NBC this is the first season it will be in HD. I am not sure about the HD episodes that Bravo HD will have. Someone with more incite with the production of this show should be able to help us.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
They must have gone back to the 35mm and transferred it again.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by feldon23
They must have gone back to the 35mm and transferred it again.
Yes, I believe that is correct.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Since the show is shot on film, how else would it get to HD other than a telecine pass?

That's one of the beauty's of film production :D

Regards,

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I am pretty sure they already was doing a HD transfer prior to NBC broadcasting it that way, at least I think I remember reading that here.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I wonder how they are handling the first two seasons. Was it shot WS 35mm from the very start? It didn't go widescreen until Season 3 I believe...

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry G
Just checked the Bravo HD+ schedule and noticed that The West Wing in HD has started.

I'm certainly appreciative of Dish for giving us the new HD package now instead of making us wait until November and the Superdish before adding new HD channels.

I've read the rumors that Dish has (or shortly will have) a deal with Bravo for their HD channel. I was really hoping that Dish would have also added Bravo HD+ now rather than waiting for the Superdish, if for no other reason than to be able to see The West Wing in HD from the beginning. I don't mind waiting for other new HD channels until November, but Bravo HD+ is the one channel I really wanted to be able to see now. Oh well.
If an HDTV tree falls in the middle of a forest, did anyone watch it? Or something like that.

If there is no way to watch Bravo HD, what difference does it make that they've stared broadcasting in HD? :)

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gammans
If an HDTV tree falls in the middle of a forest, did anyone watch it? Or something like that.

If there is no way to watch Bravo HD, what difference does it make that they've stared broadcasting in HD? :)
Apparently Bravo HD+ is on some cable systems already. Dish will likely have it in November on 105. It would be great if it was available now to Dish subs who would love to see The West Wing from the beginning in HD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.