AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I just checked out the description over at Amazon and something struck me as I read the episode list - where is "In the Shadow of Two Gunmen," the two-part season finale? I hope it's just an omission on Amazon's part.

I've been watching Season 1 on Bravo since it debuted in syndication a few weeks ago and it's been fun to recall what a great show this once was before it jumped the shark. (Take your pick as to when, although I still watch it every week.)

It's funny, because in one of the very first episodes Bartlett explains to Zoey what the "doomsday scenario" is regarding her when she balks at getting security while going to G'Town. And if anyone recalls the end of this past season - Sorkin's last at the helm - what happens to Zoey is the exact same scenario that Bartlett described in that early episode.

BTW, I cannot believe this hasn't been available on DVD in the US before now.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
BTW, I cannot believe this hasn't been available on DVD in the US before now.
Me either!

There aren't very many TV series that I will ever buy, but this is one.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I wonder if they'll come out wiht widescreen and fullscreen versions. Of course I'm kidding. I am curious though about one thing- isn't the series broadcast in HDTV? Shouldn't that meant that if done right, the quality will be excellent? Also- these DVDs at 480p will not be as good as the original HDTV broadcast. That kinda sucks.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
To date WW has not been broadcast in HD. That is supposed to change with the new season.

Wasn't the first season strictly shown in 4x3?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Wasn't the first season strictly shown in 4x3?
Yes. The S.1 DVD is going to be FF 1.33:1.

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround).

Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French.

Edition Details:

• Color, Closed-captioned.

• Commentaries from Aaron Sorkin, "The West Wing" Creator and Director Thomas Schlamme on five key episodes, including the "Pilot," "What Kind Of Day Has It Been," "Take This Sabbath Day," "In Excelsis Deo" (featuring additional commentary from Co-Executive Producer/Director Alex Graves) and "Celestial Navigation" (with Co-Executive Producer/Director Chris Misiano joining Sorkin and Schlamme).

• Cast and crew interviews.

• "The Primaries" and "The West Wing Inauguration" - in-depth making-of documentaries.

• Exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage from "The West Wing's" first season, including "Capital Beat" and "Sheet Music".

• Deleted scenes not incorporated into any of the 22 episodes from The West Wing's first season.

• "Gag Order" - a collection of outtakes and bloopers.

• "Off the Record" - outtakes from various cast and producer interviews.

• 4-Disc Set (DVD-18).

--------------------------------------------------

Mister Burns (and I) can't wait. :)

"Ex-cellent!!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/simpsons/images/340/burns.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Where is "In the Shadow of Two Gunmen," the two-part season finale? I hope it's just an omission on Amazon's part.
"In The Shadow..." was not the finale of Season 1 (1999-2000).

That 2-Parter kicked off Season 2.

Here's a very comprehensive listing of WW eps. ........ :)

http://www.westwingepguide.com/

Season 1 Program Index

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David VP
"In The Shadow..." was not the finale of Season 1 (1999-2000).

That 2-Parter kicked off Season 2.

Here's a very comprehensive listing of WW eps. ........ :)

http://www.westwingepguide.com/

Season 1 Program Index
Wow, it's funny how the mind can play tricks on you. I'd forgotten that at the very end of "What Kind of Day Has it Been" is when
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) the assasination attempt takes place
and that there is very little, or no buildup to it at all.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.