AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Whispers - Imaginary Friend on ABC

"The Whispers," about an unseen force manipulating children to perform dangerous activities, premieres at 10 p.m. June 1.

This kinda looks creepy good!:eek:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starts Monday - June 1st @ 10pm/e

·
Registered
27,682 Posts
Then why not do a straight adaptation and use the Ray's title? It's catchy, at or under 2 words which seems to be a must these days; what's not to like?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Then why not do a straight adaptation and use the Ray's title? It's catchy, at or under 2 words which seems to be a must these days; what's not to like?
I think it's because they've already had a series called Zero Hour a couple of years ago and many of their new series have already had several name changes.

·
Registered
360 Posts
As Archiguy stated, they could have have advertised it as ....."From the mind of Ray Bradbury" or some such. They do it for Steven King. If there is no acknowledgement of Bradbury in the credits there could be a lawsuit. But they aren't that stupid.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I could care less what they call it. I would just like one of these more genre based shows on a major network to stick.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could care less what they call it. I would just like one of these more genre based shows on a major network to stick.
This looks really promising!:D

·
Premium Member
Bedroom: 50-in 1080p LCD, XG1v4 (Ultra HD DVR for Comcast), BD Player; Office: 32-in LCD, etc.
2,421 Posts
After watching the first episode, I'm hooked, at least for the present.

However, for half the episode I racked my brain to try to remember the movie where an alien intelligence was controlling children and causing the children to sabotage a missile at a secret military base. After some Googling, I discovered it: "The Space Children" (1958) (Netflix: DVD not available, no longer streaming, but was in January 2011 when I streamed it and rated it 3 stars on the Netflix 5-star scale; IMDB: title).

The movie ran 69 minutes, so I hope this series has more things that happen in it than happened in the movie.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Didn't sound too promising to me but I see it got a pretty good 1.5 with almost 6M viewers so I might check it out. Anybody watch yet?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I saw it yesterday. It kept my attention. Will see how it goes. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
After watching the first episode, I'm hooked, at least for the present.

However, for half the episode I racked my brain to try to remember the movie where an alien intelligence was controlling children and causing the children to sabotage a missile at a secret military base. After some Googling, I discovered it: "The Space Children" (1958) (Netflix: DVD not available, no longer streaming, but was in January 2011 when I streamed it and rated it 3 stars on the Netflix 5-star scale; IMDB: title).

The movie ran 69 minutes, so I hope this series has more things that happen in it than happened in the movie.
Space Children is available on Blu Ray.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah, it dragged in spots. I was thinking that while I watched it. They are trying to put a lot into a story that would work best as one episode on a show like "The Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits". I'll still watch, for my love of Ray Bradbury and see how they work it.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I wasn't sure there would be enough there, there. With the shift to North Africa I realized there is a lot going on. Yesterday I read that like Under the Dome this series is intended as a one-off, but if the ratings are good, yadda, yadda, yadda.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I wasn't sure there would be enough there, there. With the shift to North Africa I realized there is a lot going on. Yesterday I read that like Under the Dome this series is intended as a one-off, but if the ratings are good, yadda, yadda, yadda.
I know, I'm always wary of those things. As for the show, it's ok so far, so long as they don't go to the convoluted conspiracy route that usually drags many series down, it's should be relatively ok for me.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I wonder just how careful they have to be with the children involved in this type of production. It seems to me that they could end up scarred for life after an experience like this one. :p

I kind of got a kick out of the whole, "Six-year-olds don't talk like that. Clearly she's been coached!" observation. Uh, yeah. Larry The Dialogue Coach is probably sitting just behind the camera. :D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts