AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wow! I had no idea. I love The White Stripes. Looking forward to this release. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
362 Posts
All over it! (well tech details show 16mm cams for the documentary. I wonder if same 16mm cameras were used for concert footage. Wouldn't surprise me as Jack is a sucker for all things vintage. Likely won't be demo quality vid though)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthx /forum/post/18151017

All over it! (well tech details show 16mm cams for the documentary. I wonder if same 16mm cameras were used for concert footage. Wouldn't surprise me as Jack is a sucker for all things vintage. Likely won't be demo quality vid though)

Yeah, I ordered the box set, but am debating on odering the BD. Their previous live DVD was recorded on 8mm I believe. Talk about grain! The BD should have lossless audio though.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Watched Under Great White Northern Lights last night and it was amazing! I ordered the box set, though I haven't watched the concert dvd yet.

It is a really sleek design and came with the dvd, under great white novascotian lights concert dvd, cd of the concert, album of the concert, a 45 with the wheels on hte bus performance and another live song, Several inserts, and a 200 page photo book of canada and the white stripes.

Best collectors item I've purchased and worth every penny.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 /forum/post/18327830

Watched Under Great White Northern Lights last night and it was amazing! I ordered the box set, though I haven't watched the concert dvd yet.

It is a really sleek design and came with the dvd, under great white novascotian lights concert dvd, cd of the concert, album of the concert, a 45 with the wheels on hte bus performance and another live song, Several inserts, and a 200 page photo book of canada and the white stripes.

Best collectors item I've purchased and worth every penny.

Yeah, but the box set only has regular DVD, not BD, correct?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys /forum/post/18328037

Yeah, but the box set only has regular DVD, not BD, correct?

Yeah, but the film is shot kind of grainy anyway, so you can't really tell. I do have a blu-ray copy on the way from amazon too though.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach /forum/post/18329010

I may have to pick this up. Big fan of The White Stripes. BB has it for $17.99.

If you don't mind getting the dvd, I think it comes with the cd.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I got the BD last night and haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I was disappointed to see the audio was just DTS. I was hoping for lossless audio. At least I only paid 16.99 for it. I'm hoping the Nova Scotia concert eventually becomes available outside the box set.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys /forum/post/18329979

I got the BD last night and haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I was disappointed to see the audio was just DTS. I was hoping for lossless audio.

While the DTS logo on the back doesn't say Master Audio it is indeed DTS HD-MA 5.1.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach /forum/post/18340705

How is the quality of the concert? The last White Stripes concert DVD was a little lacking. They rushed the songs, etc.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. But if you think they rushed the last one you'll probably think the same about this one.

I've watched Under Blackpool lights and been to a Stripes concert. They play everything faster live. It's a great experience when you are there because it is such a rush and the sound just kind of pummels you. But without the excitement of being there, the sped up tempo is not as good.

I still loved the dvd and watching their live performances though. I just hope they do another tour.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 /forum/post/18341128

They play everything faster live. It's a great experience when you are there because it is such a rush and the sound just kind of pummels you. But without the excitement of being there, the sped up tempo is not as good.

You nailed that!

You not only get pummeled by the sound, but Jack's charisma just leaps off the stage.

It is so amazing that two people can make so much noise together.

But there is something about the sound of being there that simply has not translated well on to their DVD's as compared to other artist.

Having said that, I will be picking up the Blu Ray this weekend.

Later

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.