AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Most of those are monstrosities. Seriously hideous. Not sexy at all. The only two that "look good" to me are the Rockport's and the Raidho's. I haven't heard any of them, so my comments are limited to questioning the article's title.

J.

·
Registered
30,154 Posts

Quote:
Most of those are monstrosities. Seriously hideous. Not sexy at all.

+ 1000

that is not a "sexy" speaker list, unless "sexy" is defined as "more money than sense". some of those are horrendously ugly...

it appears to just be a "ridiculously expensive speakers" list

·
Registered
639 Posts
LS9s look pretty damn good after that list for the money..

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I like the Avalon. That's it. I don't care how awesome they sound. The fact that I can buy myself a Porsche GT3 for about the same price, which sounds better than any speaker ever made!!

·
The Village Idiot
9,711 Posts
Women are sexy!
(I'm a man! What can I say?)

Audio gear is not sexy - cars are not sexy.

Seems this confusion over what is and what is not sexy is like the definition of what is and what is not a hero. John Wayne was a good actor - he was not a hero.

If you get aroused looking at those speakers you may need to seek help!

Women are sexy!

·
Registered
140 Posts
How are those the sexiest speakers of 2009? I can think of 10 speakers right off the top of my head that look 10x better than most of those.

Looks more like a "Hey Look how many expensive exotic never seen before speakers we found" contest than a best looking speaker contest.

IMO if I were making an ugliest speakers of 2009 thread, about half of those or more would be on my list.

·
Banned
1,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 /forum/post/17002208

Women are sexy!
(I'm a man! What can I say?)

Audio gear is not sexy - cars are not sexy.

Seems this confusion over what is and what is not sexy is like the definition of what is and what is not a hero. John Wayne was a good actor - he was not a hero.

If you get aroused looking at those speakers you may need to seek help!

Women are sexy!

I have read of arsonists being aroused by fires. I suppose a wanker can be aroused by many things.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonColeman /forum/post/17001591

Most of those are monstrosities. Seriously hideous. Not sexy at all. The only two that "look good" to me are the Rockport's and the Raidho's. I haven't heard any of them, so my comments are limited to questioning the article's title.

J.

Too funny, those are the only two that did anything for me as well. The rest are just a bunch of bloated geek idols.

These should have been in there:

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
If transparency is your thing...

Or maybe industrial design floats your boat...

OTOH, you might be a DIY'er in which case, what can Brown do for you?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisponge /forum/post/17003200

Too funny, those are the only two that did anything for me as well. The rest are just a bunch of bloated geek idols.

These should have been in there:

Good god...

SexyFail++;

SexyFail++;

SexyFail++;

Three strikes, you're out!

The first one have a production defect because two of the woofers were installed on the wrong side. That's automatic fail, because it looks hideous... (And btw, why not simply make a longer voice coil? What's the point of twin VCs? Or maybe that's what it is? But elongates from the front instead of the back?) Also, they look like they have a really bad hair cut: It's an inverted Vanilla Ice haircut!!! And what's with the bottom cabinet? Looks like the front is intruded, with huge grill attachment sticking out, plus visible screws?! Eeeew!

2nd, the 2 stacked cabinets cabinets, plus the way the woofer is integrated into the cabinet looks pretty bad... Also, with the rectangular front port and that one driver, it looks like a robot cyclops (port is mouth and woofer is eye), and everybody knows that robot cyclops are NOT teh sexy! Yep... robot cyclops with a death ray on top of its head is not sexy, not sexy at all... Oh no wait... Hmmm...

The third, really nothing special about it... See Avalon or Kharma speakers for something a little better looking... http://www.kharma.com http://www.avalonacoustics.com/

Here's some, errr, not sexy, just, errr, more fugly speakers, since this seems to be the theme of this thread:

Bunch of 'cool' ones here: http://freshome.com/2008/07/06/17-co...an-they-sound/

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
I hate it when lefties install drivers. They always get it backwards.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I like mine

Speakers should look good to you. Having owned very ugly speakers I definitely notice how speakers affect a room.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.