AVS Forum banner

You favorite best new (rumored) feature?

  • DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOSTAGES

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEW EXECUTIONS

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FIRE

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CHAINSAW DUEL

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The worst: " Epic is considering an onscreen ticker to show how much damage you're dealing and how many points you're earning during a match."


That would be very....very lame. GOW has a sense of realism in all it's guts and glory. Putting numbers on the screen would totally change the experience-in a bad way. We have games like Devil May Cry 4 and COD4 for math with our handywork.

EPIC: Pleeeeeeease, DON'T DO THIS!!!




The best: "Gears 2 might offer A.I. bots to fill in the blanks."


This would be great! It would allow gamers to concentrate more on the game, instead of who's coming and going. The teams will stay full, leaving more focus on the action at-hand-which, there will be so much going on, concentration will be very important.

EPIC: Pleeeeeeease, DO THIS!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,905 Posts
Best: Optimized netcode to reduce host advantage

Honorable mention: Wingman mode


Worst: Proximity Frags

Honorable mention: Trying to change the gameplay so it revolves around the lancer like the single player campaign did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL /forum/post/14268846


Best: Optimized netcode to reduce host advantage

Honorable mention: Wingman mode


Worst: Proximity Frags

Honorable mention: Trying to change the gameplay so it revolves around the lancer like the single player campaign did.

Totally agree on your bests.....the host thing is the make or break for a lot of people. Wingman should be fun too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lately, I find that GOW is really not an "open" community game. At least, not a good one. In the Ranked system, people leave on a whim, totally ruining it for everyone, especially for people working on achievements, since there needs to be at least 6 people in the room to be credited. But now, in the Player matches, it seems mostly friends and clans play together, and don't welcome many outsiders. Before the match is even started, people are asking who's friends with me (in the room). If I'm friends with no one in the room, I get booted. I don't get it, people seem more concerned with who's playing than playing the game itself. I see rooms with 5 or 7 people, seemingly needing to be evened up, so I join. But some don't seem to just care about having a full room. Why don't people just host Private matches for all of their friends? Doesn't COD4 have internal servers, and GOW doesn't? If that's the difference between a full non-biased room and rooms with a bunch of power-hungry, easily intimidated players, then I wish GOW had internal servers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742 /forum/post/14267944


The worst: " Epic is considering an onscreen ticker to show how much damage you're dealing and how many points you're earning during a match."


That would be very....very lame. GOW has a sense of realism in all it's guts and glory. Putting numbers on the screen would totally change the experience-in a bad way. We have games like Devil May Cry 4 and COD4 for math with our handywork.

EPIC: Pleeeeeeease, DON'T DO THIS!!!




The best: "Gears 2 might offer A.I. bots to fill in the blanks."


This would be great! It would allow gamers to concentrate more on the game, instead of who's coming and going. The teams will stay full, leaving more focus on the action at-hand-which, there will be so much going on, concentration will be very important.

EPIC: Pleeeeeeease, DO THIS!!!

I don't care about the ticker as long as you can turn it on and off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742 /forum/post/14277758


Lately, I find that GOW is really not an "open" community game. At least, not a good one. In the Ranked system, people leave on a whim, totally ruining it for everyone, especially for people working on achievements, since there needs to be at least 6 people in the room to be credited. But now, in the Player matches, it seems mostly friends and clans play together, and don't welcome many outsiders. Before the match is even started, people are asking who's friends with me (in the room). If I'm friends with no one in the room, I get booted. I don't get it, people seem more concerned with who's playing than playing the game itself. I see rooms with 5 or 7 people, seemingly needing to be evened up, so I join. But some don't seem to just care about having a full room. Why don't people just host Private matches for all of their friends? Doesn't COD4 have internal servers, and GOW doesn't? If that's the difference between a full non-biased room and rooms with a bunch of power-hungry, easily intimidated players, then I wish GOW had internal servers.

I think that's an effect of a nearly two year old game more than anything else. People that are still playing the game have been playing it for two years now, so most everyone has formed a group of people they play with regularly. I agree with you that they should just leave the room private though.


There's also the simple fact that playing with friends as about 100000x more fun than playing with the GP. Playing with friends, Gears is probably my favorite game of all-time. Playing with random folks on the GP it's nowhere near that.


And no, I don't believe CoD4 has dedicated servers on the 360. It is P2P, just like Gears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasyn /forum/post/14287965


That's what I meant.

He means it was taken out of the game, not taken out of the poll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts
Did everyone get a chance to read about the new mode called "Horde"? Sorry I dont have the link at hand, I think it was IGN or Gamespot. Anyways, you and your friends can battle it out against increasing numbers of enemies. Sounded like a blast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocktheglide /forum/post/14278700


God Of War has been out for awhile bro.....

Get out.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top