AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Friday I'll be facing off my LP350 with another projector. This time it's the Sanyo XP21N.

Look for my report after the weekend.

--Les

·
Registered
39 Posts
Arrow, just out of curiousity, 1)what are your plans for the XP21N if by some fluke it doesn't blow the LP-350 out of the water? and 2)what other projectors have you shot out against the LP-350 and what became of them after they didn't measure up?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
If possible, check it with a DTC100 with the appropriate timing using an RGB input and see if it is Panamorphable in that mode.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dan:

I have heard some good things about line conditioners (and some bad things as well). Thus, I'll be interested to hear more about your findings!

SFC

·
Registered
174 Posts
I will be getting my Sanyo XP21N hopefully on Monday. I still have my LP350 for a few more days before the RMA runs out so I will try and submit a comparison between the two.

Peter

·
Registered
174 Posts
Les,

I forgot to ask if you have or plan to get a deinterlacer/scaler since all the posts comparing the XP21N and the LP350 indicated that the Sanyo had an inferior scaler.

I am considering the Quadscan but will need some time for the wife to get over the upgrade from the LP350 to the XP21N.

Peter

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Berway,

The Sanyo is a rental. So I own it for 3 days and then it goes back.

The only other projector I've faced off with so far is the LT150.

--Les

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds great!

I compared the same two units, unforunately a week apart.

I would be really interested to hear of the Sanyo does not DESTROY the Infocus in your opinion, as it did in my comparison.

I think you will really like it.

Incidentally I have begun experimenting with some power regeneration/conditioning devices I have found that were used in lab applications. They put out a clean sine wave 115V, 60Hz, and holy [email protected])#$%* if it doesn;t really improve the picture!

Blacks, colors are better, images are smoother, screen door is less noticable (how the heck is this going on????), the image is generally about 10% brighter too!

Neat stuff. I am trying to do more extensive testing before I realase info on the name ofthe product, etc.

I am also trying to buy a surplus quantity in bulk, but these things weigh 70 lbs each and are about the size of a big amp.

dg

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Peter, I'll be using my HTPC (same one as in the LT150 trials).

Ken, I don't have access to a DTC-100 but own the Dish6000 and will be checking to see if it's panamorphable through RGB.

Dan, lookin forward to it. Will also have a friend's pair of eyes to keep me honest.

--Les

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Les,

If its Panamorphable with the Dish 6000, that's close enough. I don't know enough about the 6000, I don't know if it has RGB or component out or both.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
24 Posts
phussary, I thought I'd pass this on. I tried the QuadScan Pro with my XP21N and I didn't notice any improvement. I ended up returning it. That said, my comments should be taken in context. I bought the QuadScan with the specific intention/hope that it would improve the Satellite TV signal on sports broadcasts. I'm using S-Video outputs from my receiver; it doesn't have component outs...there's limited HD in Canada. There is a review, elsewhere on the net, of the QuadScan which says that the improvements the scalar provides are most noticeable via a component input.

Maybe that should not come as a surprise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.