AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to the Yamaha YSP-1000 (the single surround sound front speaker thingy) at CES this last weekend and WOW,,, I was floored, me and the girlfriend just stood there for a longer amount of time we spent at any other booth. I had heard this thing before at my local (now closed) Good Guys and it sounded like crap, but hearing it at the Yamaha booth set up right,,,,We were both totaly blown away, watching the Incredibles was incredible, we kept looking at the walls beside us and behind us for the speakers that were not there. At one point I just started laughing, and not at the Yamaha, but at how suprised I was at how great this thing sounded. It almost makes me want to get rid of my 5.1 system and get one just to see my friends look around my room for no speakers and also for the cool factor it has.

I know there are those out there that would rag on this thing and all I can say is I would have agreed at one time, but now that I've heard this thing properly set-up I am truely impressed.

Davyo

·
Registered
114 Posts
My colleague has the 800 in the corner of a room with totally whack acoustics and it sounds fantastic. Makes me re-think my NHTs all around the room

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad to know someone got the technology right. The Bose "surround" system with front speakers only is horrible. I know, I made the mistake of buying it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.