AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The Yellow Sea" (Hwanghae) - From Hong-jin Na, director of the outstanding Crime/Thriller " The Chaser " (which if you haven't' seen you should), comes one of the best, if not the best, Crime/Thriller of 2010.

"The Yellow Sea" is the story of a cab driver in Yanji City, a region between North Korea, China and Russia. His wife goes to Korea to earn money, but he hasn't hear from her in 6 months. He plays mah-jong to make some extra cash, but this only makes his life worse because he loses more than he wins. Just as things are looking very bleak he meets a hitman who proposes to turn his life around by repaying his debt and reuniting him with his wife, just for one hit."

What follows is one of the most exciting crime/action/thrillers I've seen since " The Man from Nowhere ". Bleak, brutal and with some dark, dark humor thrown in "The Yellow Sea" will not disappoint. The action scenes are fast and tense and should keep you on the edge of your seat. Did I forget to mention "not for the squeamish", there's plenty of blood and gore to go around.

Be sure to check out the uncut 157 min version (there's also an International version that's been cut to 140 min.).

Highly Recommended!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just finish watched this movie. This movie is nothing but A. Thanks Airboss!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.