AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The suspense finally became too great for me, so I went into Harvey (The Temple of Home Theater) and offered my favorite salesperson full list for a Z9000 if he could get me one in a hurry (I explained I was seriously considering the Seleco 200DM, which they do not carry).

He almost tripped over himself while turning to reach for an invoice folder. Tiny beads of sweat began blooming on his forehead as he quickly turned pages. He finally stopped

at a page and focused intently for a moment, then looked up at me with a big grin. "We have ten units scheduled for the end of July."

I reminded him we are now in August.

His grin dissipated and he shrugged. "Well, when did you hear they would be coming out?"

I smiled and shook my head. "Please try and get me an answer by early next week, or I'm going for the Seleco," I said, and walked out of the store.

Now I know this guy quite well, so rest assured that if he isn't able to give me an answer on the release date by early next week, then no one knows for sure, except maybe the president of Sharp.

I'll pass on whatever I learn, and yes, I will pay list price if he gets it for me by next week--mainly because Harvey will take back merchandise if it does not live up to the customer's expectations.

[This message has been edited by videonut (edited 08-04-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.