Wii

Panamax surge/ conditioner

SA8300HDC

B&W 604

B&W LCR center

B&W rears

Velodyne HSG18

2-Channel

Jolida EL34 push-pull integrated (NOS tube compliment)

Arcam CD

Music Hall MMF9 Turntable

Silverline Sonata

It really looks way too busy in my living room, but without a dedicated 2-channel room or basement, it'll have to do until the next house (where I can do it right!).

·
Registered
820 Posts
Umm... I don't get it. Are the two systems and members related somehow?

Regarding the first system, I like it. Three audio racks and two sets of front speakers though, I think that's a first! Looks like some very nice gear and a nice room. Yes, it does look a little busy, but still not bad at all. It's less busy than many systems I have seen with only one set of speakers.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD /forum/post/15495821

What don't you get?

And by "members" do you mean mtb996 and myself. Or do you mean gear?

Hello 4DHD.

Welcome to "What's Your Configuration".

Well A.G. has a point. It is kind of confusing. There are two different systems by two different members showcased in the same thread without clarification, not that one is mandatory, mind you. Was that by accident or on purpose?!

If mtb996 and 4DHD is one in the same, OK! We got it. If not, then one of you should create your own thread so we are able to post comments to the correct member.

Now, for your system.... the speaker setup is indeed interesting and rather unique in concept. They must really put out!

As for the components, is it possible for you to post photos of the rack so we can see the what your using. In the distance, it looks like you have some very impressive gear.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb996 /forum/post/15490723

Here's my current set-up.

Movies:

Samsung 52" 850

Samsung 1500 Blu Ray

Sony DVD

Lexicon DC2 Processor

Proceed BPA2

3X Marantz monoblock amps

Marantz Tuner

Wii

Panamax surge/ conditioner

SA8300HDC

B&W 604

B&W LCR center

B&W rears

Velodyne HSG18

2-Channel

Jolida EL34 push-pull integrated (NOS tube compliment)

Arcam CD

Music Hall MMF9 Turntable

Silverline Sonata

It really looks way too busy in my living room, but without a dedicated 2-channel room or basement, it'll have to do until the next house (where I can do it right!).

Hello mtb996.

Wow. I likes!

Now I must admit that I'm partial to 3 rack setups!
Enthusiast of that ilk, are quickly becoming a rarity. The minimalist setup is in style now. Nothing wrong with that concept, mind you..... but if you have a strong affinity for electronics, then I believe that a 3 rack arrangement is a no brainer! A must have if, if you will!

You have a very nice equipment and the 2 channel/multi-channel combo is very cool. Are the two systems integrated in any way or do they stand alone.

And the Sliverline Sonata's are beautiful!

As far as the HT configuration goes, does the Lexicon Pre/Pro have HDMI connectivity or are you routing the HDMI cables straight to the flat panel and routing digital audio to the Lexicon?!

Regards.

·
Registered
820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD /forum/post/15496229

The title of the thread is "Theater + 2-channel in Living Room". So I was just showing how I setup my two systems in the LR, compared to what mtb996 has. Thinking about your questions, I guess I should have started a different thread.

Ok, I get it now, thanks for the clarification. Your initial post didn't seem to make any comments regarding the first post and just started going without any introduction. You have a very nice setup too. Those mains in your theater system are particularly interesting. Indeed, it probably would be best if you had your own thread, though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 /forum/post/15497824

Hello mtb996.

Wow. I likes!

Now I must admit that I'm partial to 3 rack setups!
Enthusiast of that ilk, are quickly becoming a rarity. The minimalist setup is in style now. Nothing wrong with that concept, mind you..... but if you have a strong affinity for electronics, then I believe that a 3 rack arrangement is a no brainer! A must have if, if you will!

You have a very nice equipment and the 2 channel/multi-channel combo is very cool. Are the two systems integrated in any way or do they stand alone.

And the Sliverline Sonata's are beautiful!

As far as the HT configuration goes, does the Lexicon Pre/Pro have HDMI connectivity or are you routing the HDMI cables straight to the flat panel and routing digital audio to the Lexicon?!

Regards.

Thanks for the compliment. My wife thinks our living room looks like a stereo store, but oh well. The only think I do not like about it is the open racks really show the cable bird nest, and with separate amps (6 total, including a zone 2 Rotel amp in there somewhere) it looks pretty ugly.

The 2 systems are pretty much independent. I would love to combine them one day, but haven't found a pre/pro I would use as an analog friendly preamp (outside a Classe for $8k). If I could swing it, I'd love to get a "musical" pre/pro with TT input and replace the current tube amp with a 300B SET using zone-3 output. SETs and the Silverline Sonatas are an incredible combination!

Unfortunately, the Lexicon is pretty old so its only used for basic audio decoding (doesn't even have component switching, let alone HDMI capabilities). Therefore, I am running HDMI to the TV and digital coax or optical to the Lex. I actually had to repair the Lex not long ago and agonized over replacing it with something like a Marantz 8003 pre/pro, but decided to give up the theater bells and whistles in favor of better pure audio quality.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb996 /forum/post/15499784

My wife thinks our living room looks like a stereo store, but oh well.

That has to be one of the greatest compliments...

Room looks great and I love the Silverlines!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts