Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I know this post is more suited for the General Forum. However, my question is in regards to anamorphic lenses.

The Cinema that closed down is selling everything in the building next week. They have a listing of several anamorphic lenses. I have a G11U projector. Could I rig a mount and make one of these work? Or am I better off ordering an anamorphic lens from Isco or Panamorph.

Any info would be appreciated.

P.S. There is a lot of stuff for sale, including 1170 seats. If anyone has any interest let me know.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
By all means check them out. But chances are they are 2X lenses, not variable or 1.33x needed for home theater use. Also, be sure to find out the minimum focus distance. Most theater lenses are designed for longer throws than one's living room.

------------------

Greg

[This message has been edited by Mad Chemist (edited 07-26-2001).]

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Darren,

You need an "anamorphic attachment", not an "integrated anamorphic lens". Also ask "how far down can this thing focus?" Some scope lenses can focus down to 17 feet or less. Do not buy a "prime" lens or "spherical" lens. They are useless to you and remember to stay away from "integrated" scope lenses. If you want, let me know what lenses they have for sale and I'll tell you if I think they are a potential bargain. Scope lenses do overstretch the image, but you can have fun with them if you are using an HTPC with YXY.

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
I have a dila and an isco 35mm scope lens short throw.

The problem is the lens on the dila throws to large a picture even when focused down to its smallest size and you will loose your corner picture info.

I ordered a replacement lens from isco for the dila. Its a 90mm and works great with a scope lens.

Downside is I need 35 feet to get a 4 foot wide image before adding the scope lens.

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Definately interested in the seats. if i could a few at a really good price that is.

Be great if someone (Alan maybe?) could arrage for a group buy on the majority.

$600 a piece retail, which is what i'm always quoted they start at, seems pretty ridiculous for what they are.

if the price is good, i'd love to get some!

how old was this theater, and the furnishings?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys

Larry I will try to get some more info and get back to you as to exactly what type they have.

ckolchak, The theater closed a few months ago. The seats do have the cup holders. That is at least the picture I saw. If you are really interested send me an email at [email protected] I am in need of 12 or 16 of the seats myself, that leaves alot to be had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.