AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to make custom bean bag chairs. ( only for myself and friends)THese things were great...twice or more the size of your typical bean bag and made out of nice velour or furry fabric or whatever.

THey were so comfortable when frineds came over they would fight for the bag to sit in....perfectly comfortable for an adult...these things lasted some 18 years...

I was thinking of getting some made for me with theater motiffs...you know..film reels stars....etc.etc.. also theater type velours.....even leathers to match theater seats....

so when someone yells "down in front!! you have a great seat..

comments suggestions..ridicule..?

Regards,

JOHn

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
John,

Sounds like a great idea! Especially for large gatherings. If there half as comfortable as the Berklines you sold me; I'll take two!

·
Registered
27,141 Posts
beanbagplanet.com

What the internet has done for us movie nuts!

Jeff

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great idea John, we'd love to get some if you have them made.

Need to be "bouncing kid proof" (we don't have any, but they visit from time to time :).

Seth

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish I had them made..already...thanks for the link to the planet its a nice site..and they have a few items close to what I was talking about..

The key to a good bean bag is the right bean to bag ratio....most of the manufacturers put in too many beans for the chair size....this severely limits your ability to get comfortable..and also makes them more likely to get rips tears...punctures etc....also even there so called large bags are too small....

Regards,

John

·
Registered
283 Posts
John, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!! My wife and I have searched everywhere for your idea and no luck....

I am looking for 3 or 4 oversized custom bean bags to go in my theater for the kids.

Please let me know if you are for hire!!!!

Email me at [email protected] or response here is fine also.

Thanks, Brett

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Brett,

the post was cerntainly not meant as a solicitation for orders..but apparently you like the idea.....wish I could help now.....

Maybe I will make a few in a nice Micro fiber....just to get a pattern that works well....the key is over-sized with proper bean fill....yields you a bean bag you can move around in until you well uh fall sleep..

REgards,

JOHN

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Quote:
...yields you a bean bag you can move around in until you well uh fall sleep...
That should solve any issues someone might have with the image quality of their display! "Save money and improve image quality in your HT with bean bag chairs!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.