AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in the Mid-Atlantic (heh) and summer's are HOT and HUMID, however, in order to keep the upper floors cool, the AC runs almost all the time. As a result, the basement theater is quite chilly, like 68 degrees. What cover-ups do you folks use?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I do things on a budget so stay away from anything that says "home theater" as that automatically up the cost by a factor of 10.

I know what you mean. Live in Dallas and with the heat always have th a/c on. We have a a stack of throw. Couple of my favorites;

A Dallas Cowboys one with giant stars on it. Picked up for penney's on the dollar after one season from Wal-Mart.

A Pirates of the Caribbean throw I picked up on a WDW trip. They had a deal if you bought $25 worth of stuff you got the throw for like $15.

A plain but colorful red and black checked throw. I leave it on the couch for color. Picked up somewhere for like $5.00

A WDW throw with pic's of the all the bad guys. I got when was watching the end of day show at Disney and it was a little cool. It was probably the most expensive one I got at like $25 I think.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
ok

·
Registered
520 Posts
Same here, live in NC and the A/C never stops. My wife has offered to knit some throws for all the chairs (8 of them) and in the color scheme of my theater. Can't wait till they are done...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I built the cabinet/drawer to store them... the wife picked out the color-matching blankets. Good and soft whatever they are!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Wizard /forum/post/14234253

Same here, live in NC and the A/C never stops. My wife has offered to knit some throws for all the chairs (8 of them) and in the color scheme of my theater. Can't wait till they are done...

Wow cool! Please post pics when you have them done!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I use Royal Stewart Plaid throws that I had shipped over from Scotland.

They work perfectly in the Royal Stewart Theater.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I bought one from Ken at Stargate for movie themed basket we auctioned off for our swim team. Here's the link:
http://www.stargatecinema.com/NEW-De...-pr-16366.html

It is a great quality - MADE IN AMERICA!!!!, and people were fighting over it (yippee!! We made money!). He also has matching pillows.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for your input.

I knew this was the right place to solicit input.

However, that 60 dollar one seems a bit pricey.

I have the "traditional" "afgans" made by relatives, but, they just don't cut it. Thanks for everyones input!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Just get something to match the decor in the theater.

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu /forum/post/14238697

I use Royal Stewart Plaid throws that I had shipped over from Scotland.

They work perfectly in the Royal Stewart Theater.

Very nice indeed! I loved it when I was stationed at Holy Loch, Scotland is a beautiful place....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu /forum/post/14240871

Just get something to match the decor in the theater.

Agreed, I just picked out the pattern and the wife is getting the yarn today to match my color scheme. She says it doesn't take long to do them so I should have some pics soon.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
I was hope'n to find some of the cheapo fleece throw types that have pictures imposed on them.

Like an Indy Jones, StarWars, ect..ect.....

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
My rear row has three blankets that cost over $3K. Oh, and I got three Berklines thrown in for free from Roman.
Or was that the other way around?...

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/14244226

I was hope'n to find some of the cheapo throw types that have pictures imposed on them.

Like an Indy Jones, StarWars, ect..ect.....

Great idea! Wonder if my wife if artistic...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just did a search on Amazon for throws and it returned over 15,000 of them. There are quite a few different ones and include Rock Bands, Sports, Movies etc...

·
Registered
13,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Wizard /forum/post/14246363

Just did a search on Amazon for throws and it returned over 15,000 of them. There are quite a few different ones and include Rock Bands, Sports, Movies etc...

There are some there, but I want more selection and I am not that into the cartoon movies.

The Harry Potter one is nice for sure.

I really want Indy Jones, and Star Wars in particular.

Jurassic Park one here, but I don't like it so much.
http://www.keepsakes-etc.com/rb-406-145.html

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/14246876

I really want Indy Jones, and Star Wars in particular.

Jurassic Park one here, but I don't like it so much.
http://www.keepsakes-etc.com/rb-406-145.html

I like Indy as well and have posters from 2 of the movies including the last one...

Agreed on the JP one... yuck! I'll keep looking for you as I am now interested in throws like you.

Bob

·
Registered
942 Posts
Look in your area for a store that sells material. Up my way the name of the store ( it's a chain) is "Jo-Ann". They have lots of fleece material that you can buy by the yard. Then find either yourself, family member, friend who has a sewing machine which will allow you to put a border on it or at least close it up so it doesn't un-ravel.

My daughter made a bunch of these for each of us and went with what she thought each of us would like for a theme. Mine was Harley Motorcycles.

They can be made in any length and/or size. Hers is a Pepsi soda can. Other members got Godzilla, King Kong, Electric Guitars,... or if you want them all the same then find a style that strikes your fancy. Depending on the size and caricature the price can be as low as $15 on up.

-t

·
Registered
437 Posts
You can always check out Wal-Mart, Target, etc. They usually have fleece throws of whatever the popular kids movies are. I've gotten Pirates, Incredibles, Cars, High School Musical, etc. They fit the movie room theme, especially since mine is more of a family/kid oriented theater.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts