AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Dark colors. And if I did it again, I'd look for one with a contrasting pattern to help hide the popcorn crumbs!

·
Vendor
1,740 Posts
theater carpet

Does anyone have tips for choosing carpet, and a good place to buy it?
we have about 30 available theme patterns most of have choice of 3 to 4 colors so you get about 100 choices for home theater on our site, just navigate to home theater decor and click on the link for carpet.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Carpet is carpet unless you plan something really special in your room. Are you worried about spills or anything? Treat it like any other room in your house that you would put carpet in unless you have a commercial use for it. Darker is better, but I made everything dark in my room but the carpet and it's fine. Are you worried about spills or anything?

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
I just went today and live just outside of Chicago and went to total flooring, FCA floors and the third won was a winner big time Olsen rug and flooring it was a med. size place but as soon as I walked in I found about 6 different carpets that I liked. There gray with a pattern but this place had it all.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
That's a good tip, because I'm a slob!
Maybe some plastic sheets instead, then? :D

I had a friend spill a whole glass of red wine in the theater (came right out, and it's dark carpet anyway). The next time she came over, I had covered one of the recliners with a plastic drop cloth and placed a "Reserved for Laurie" sign on it...

There have been many spills since... :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe some plastic sheets instead, then? :D

I had a friend spill a whole glass of red wine in the theater (came right out, and it's dark carpet anyway). The next time she came over, I had covered one of the recliners with a plastic drop cloth and placed a "Reserved for Laurie" sign on it...

There have been many spills since... :)
I'll just go for a Dexter theme theater, haha.

Spills will happen in my house. Dark colors with a pattern, got it!

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I used StargateCinema.com to purchase my carpet. I used the Walk of Fame in Burgundy. It helped that I had a buddy that could install it for me, but you will have to pay for the install one way or another (don't think that "free" installation on purchase is really "free"...you'll pay for in the markup on the carpet). The finished size of my room is just over 12' X by 22'. This carpet is 4 METERS wide, not 4 YARDS, so it does not require any seams. This is something you might want to think about. If I had used 4 YARD carpet I would have either a little piece seamed the along the entire length or a seam all the way across the middle of the room.

Talk to Ken at Stargate Cinema. I HIGHLY recommend him.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
It has been brought to my attention that Ken is no longer in control of Stargate Cinema. Apparently while I was MIA, he ran into some issues and several customers were left holding the bag.

Therefore, I can no longer "HIGHLY recommend" Stargate Cinema as I have not dealt with the new owners. This simply means that I have no opinion as I have not used them recently.

My recommendations on the carpet itself stand. It is manufactured by Joy Carpets and so far, looks as good as the day it was installed. It was recommended to me by my carpet guy, particularly due to it's "Action Back" which SHOULD allow for removal, drying and re-install in the event of a "water incident" (I can't bring myself to even type the F-word).

Sorry if I've misled anyone.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has been brought to my attention that Ken is no longer in control of Stargate Cinema. Apparently while I was MIA, he ran into some issues and several customers were left holding the bag.

Therefore, I can no longer "HIGHLY recommend" Stargate Cinema as I have not dealt with the new owners. This simply means that I have no opinion as I have not used them recently.

My recommendations on the carpet itself stand. It is manufactured by Joy Carpets and so far, looks as good as the day it was installed. It was recommended to me by my carpet guy, particularly due to it's "Action Back" which SHOULD allow for removal, drying and re-install in the event of a "water incident" (I can't bring myself to even type the F-word).

Sorry if I've misled anyone.
YOU'VE LIED TO EVERYONE!! :D

I just got some samples of the Joy brand carpet. Looks like quality stuff.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I wouldn't say I lied...I mis-spoke.

I actually DID check to make sure there was still a website for Stargate, then you know what happens when you assume. I will say that my dealings with Ken were perfectly fine. It wouldn't be the first time a "highly recommended" company ran into trouble around here. It's such a niche market, EVERYONE needs to exercise caution and due diligence.

I think you'll be happy the carpet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't say I lied...I mis-spoke.

I actually DID check to make sure there was still a website for Stargate, then you know what happens when you assume. I will say that my dealings with Ken were perfectly fine. It wouldn't be the first time a "highly recommended" company ran into trouble around here. It's such a niche market, EVERYONE needs to exercise caution and due diligence.

I think you'll be happy the carpet.
I didn't actually think you were lying, hence the smiley face.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed a black carpet with a black pattern in my theater. Turned out great. I used the best carpet pad I could find to ensure it was very plush to walk in in case kids or something wanted to sit on the floor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We got black carpet for our theater, never been happier. It took a trip to 7 or 8 stores before we found one that was soft and fluffy enough though, but everyone remarks on how great it feels when they first step in the theater. Take the time and you wont regret it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.