AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family wants Berkline 88's in red leather. I am planning on painting the screen wall black but am undecided on the remaining walls, ceiling and carpets. I would appreciate any help.

thanks

Ken

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Grays. blacks, purples, navys, deep greens (in order of my preference :) )

Or find a patterned carpet with the red in it and use the rest of the colors to decide which color to paint the rest of the room. This might be the easiest way to get your answer. By picking out a carpet you love, the rest will fall into place.

·
Registered
27,562 Posts
Click on my link! Red seats all around!!

I went with grays, blacks and a deep purple carpet!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thebland
Click on my link! Red seats all around!!

I went with grays, blacks and a deep purple carpet!
those are some Funky ass seats,

i love them;)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by PamW
Grays. blacks, purples, navys, deep greens (in order of my preference :) )

Or find a patterned carpet with the red in it and use the rest of the colors to decide which color to paint the rest of the room. This might be the easiest way to get your answer. By picking out a carpet you love, the rest will fall into place.
Pam that's a great idea. It's easy to find paint but much harder to find carpeting. thanks

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
My wife and I were just thinking red seats would look good with our room - painted it a deep chocolate color with a tan ceiling... mmmmmmmm chocolate.......agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh (droool.) :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Kenrosencpa: I've come to the conclusion that picking a color scheme may be one of the hardest parts of the whole home theater build/design process. Not easy to pull some together and make it look great.

I'm going with a black front wall like yourself. All equipment will be silver. As for trim, wall colors, ceiling color, carpet, and chairs I'm still undecided.

Thinking of going with shades of brown for wall/ceiling, black chairs and not sure on carpet.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Ken,

Good luck! Jeff's theater is a great starting point (especially since he has the colors I mentioned - thanks Jeff :D )

Get the WAF going by sending her out on a carpet mission - collect as many samples as you think would work with those cool red seats. Then together weed 'em out, one by one.

Remember - there is no ONE solution to your color scheme. Just pick the one you all like best and run with it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.