AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone on the board and some different Ideas my theater is coming to completion. I have lots of small things left. Painting, electical covers trim and the like but CHECK OUT THE PICS!!! Again thanks, and open to comments.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/548467425uzeEZK

Dont worry I will be getting theater seats and other accesories along the way, any other ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone PM'd me and said to post some details, so here they go.

Some other details on the buidling of it.

1) I used all SOLID core doors, even in the closet.

2) I used R13 insulation on the walls with cinderbloc behind it. Any internal walls are 2X8's and spaced 12 inches apart. I used R 19 on that. I bought it in 2foot width and CUT in half! YUCK! I put R 19 insulation above ceiling tile.

3) THose sconces I bought at LOWES for $20! Really nice with a dimmer switch

I am getting pretty good sound insulation EXCEPT for the awesome base the SVS PB12-Plus/2!!! This is an AWESOME sub!!

Projector is the Panny PT-AE900U for a projector

Denon 2805 receiver

Paradigm 9's for the front and The CC 350 for the center

Looking for another DVD player, my 8 year old Onkyo dvd is playing better than a brand new upscaling Philips! Probably going oppo

Any other question, just ask

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well Done! It's very nice. I have to say, the color of your ceiling makes the room seem of infinite height. I dig.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice theater and nice house. The curved archways are quite a nice touch. Enjoy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just used single drywall, but I am sure DOUBLE drywall would better. I was thinking of cost and labor, and I really didnt need alot of sound isolation. I figured that with 2x8's and r-19 insulation, it would be enough. My home theater is UNDER my garage as well and the 2 outside wall are cinder block with 2X4's and sheet rock. . I also put the R-19 above my ceiling tile. I thought with that SVS sub that the bass would really go thru anything, especially since the 2X8's i used tied in directly to the bottom of the house.

Its like alot of things in life. I am sure I have eliminated 60-70% of the sound that double sheetrock would of given me at a fraction of the cost and labor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.