AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been thinking about this lately and have been looking around the forum but have not found anything really dedicated or outlining what guys are doing for keeping their HT cool. I would like to keep my HT relatively cool all the time. Are guys running a second zone? Using something independent? I'm quite ignorant on the topic and was wondering if I could be enlightened to if it is much easier than I am making it or what my options are for achieving a comfortable HT temp.

Is it jsut a matter of an exhaust fan being installed (like on the SPC website) or more than that? My A/V equipment will be sealed off to the attic, but the projector and fridge seem to put out a lot of heat, and like I said, I would hate to have to make the rest of the house uncomfortable for the HT to be regulated.

Thanks for any insight and enlightening on the subject. If I have missed threads on the subject, please just point me in their direction.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty  /t/1472192/theater-hvac-questions#post_23300921

Have you read the dead vent summary posted by the Soundproofing Company ?

I have, just didn't think venting to one room and pulling in from another would be enough. Is that the key? MAking sure to vent to one and ull in from another? My HT has three vents in it for the HVAC unit, but it is on a second floor that is always the opposite temp range of the first floor (where the thermostat is). I've tried messing with the dampers but seems to still be an issue and I'm scared to close off the dampers too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts