AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been scowering the forums for an answer to this question. But have yet to find one. So here goes...

I have 3 rows of 3 Seatcraft Eros being shipped to my house as we speak. The seat when fully reclined is 61 inches long. I'm just trying to figure out the minimum depth I should make the first step and the second step riser. I all ready know what width, and height I want. But I just do not know how much depth the second and third row are going to need. Is there a standard. I see 72" depth alot on the pre-made risers, should I go with that? I have plenty of room, but do not want to make it bigger than it has to be.

I know, I know... the easy way is to wait for them to get here and measure, but I wanted the risers done and ready for my seats.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,136 Posts
While I am not familiar with that chair in the case of Berklines 6.5 ft is marginally acceptable minimum. I have 6 ft 8 inches and it works, OK. Don't expect the middle person to get out without the seat on the ends being in the upright position.

It really is a function of how tall your guests are and the thickness of the headrest portion of the seat. Take a six foot person and put them in a nearly horizontal position, then add the depth of the headrest and you can see why 6 ft doesn't work unless you position the row ahead several inches in front of the riser.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was also looking at some seatcraft seats; however, I have heard really bad things. The issue is the have some features that fit exactly what I am looking for that other seats don't have (flip ARms) as I need the ability to make this a couch.

So Trying to get some more information of Seatcraft/4seating quality and company etc...

Thanks,

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchill /forum/post/20177010

I was also looking at some seatcraft seats; however, I have heard really bad things. The issue is the have some features that fit exactly what I am looking for that other seats don't have (flip ARms) as I need the ability to make this a couch.

So Trying to get some more information of Seatcraft/4seating quality and company etc...

Thanks,

I had zero problems with these chairs or with 4seating. See my other post regarding these chairs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts