AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a row of four theater seats that will be positioned free-standing in the room. I plan on giving battery packs a try before throwing in the towel and running a cord under a rug (the floor is concrete and I'm not going to run electrical under it). I'm currently looking at the Sheffield collection from HTMarket and the Rockford collection from SeatCraft. Both are 7000 grade top grain leather and I'm fine with disconnecting all LED lighting as I just want the power recline and headrest options. Looks like I can get the Rockford for $500 less right now. Thoughts, advice or suggestions? Thanks, this forum is very helpful.

Nathan

·
Vendor
1,693 Posts
Looking to purchase a row of four theater seats that will be positioned free-standing in the room. I plan on giving battery packs a try before throwing in the towel and running a cord under a rug (the floor is concrete and I'm not going to run electrical under it). I'm currently looking at the Sheffield collection from HTMarket and the Rockford collection from SeatCraft. Both are 7000 grade top grain leather and I'm fine with disconnecting all LED lighting as I just want the power recline and headrest options. Looks like I can get the Rockford for $500 less right now. Thoughts, advice or suggestions? Thanks, this forum is very helpful.

Nathan
I noticed your looking at our seats, a word about battery packs though is they don't last very long as advertised. Your right about disconnecting led lights that will help.

If you need a price quote pm me in the forum and I'll take a look, send the configuration and address you want them shipped to.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,851 Posts
I think if I was in your shoes I would investigate the flat wire systems that are certified to run low voltage under carpets. You would need to figure out power requirements of the chairs and DIY the appropriate connections. Obviously setting this up would violate the chairs warranty. Periodically charging the batteries will get old,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think if I was in your shoes I would investigate the flat wire systems that are certified to run low voltage under carpets. You would need to figure out power requirements of the chairs and DIY the appropriate connections. Obviously setting this up would violate the chairs warranty. Periodically charging the batteries will get old,

Thanks for the feedback. I may buy a single battery at first just to see how many cycles I can get and go from there.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I may buy a single battery at first just to see how many cycles I can get and go from there.
Just my 2cents, I have 8 powered recliners with the battery packs and I could not be happier, I bought the packs used on eBay and was able to buy a few extra that I keep fully charged to hot swap if one ever goes dead when we are using the room, that’s never happened.

I charge the packs maybe once a month...room gets used 3-4 times a week....even with the kids playing with the ‘up and down’ they last for a very long time in my experience .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just my 2cents, I have 8 powered recliners with the battery packs and I could not be happier, I bought the packs used on eBay and was able to buy a few extra that I keep fully charged to hot swap if one ever goes dead when we are using the room, that’s never happened.

I charge the packs maybe once a month...room gets used 3-4 times a week....even with the kids playing with the ‘up and down’ they last for a very long time in my experience .
Thanks for the reply. What brand/model are you using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts