AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently formatted my hard drive and reinstalled all of my applications. I now have a lip sync problem that I didn't have prior to reloading all the software. Any idea what the cure might be? If I go to the TT configuration menu and change the audio from S/PDIF to Stereo, and back to S/PDIF again, the audio syncs for awhile. When I pause, or rewind, the audio gets out of sync, and if I let the movie run uninterrupted, the audio will slowly get out of sync all by itself.

Any idea how I can fix this?

My computer is a P3, 1 GHZ with an ASUS TUSL mobo. I'm using the 5.10.00.0027 M-Audio Driver for my 2496 DIO audio card. S/PDIF out to a Denon 3802.

I've been running with TT and the M-Audio card since 2002 with no problems until now.

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TT worked for 3 or more years before I formatted the HDD & reloaded the applications. I'm using the same drivers I had before.

I just checked Device Manager and the secondary IDE controller is using PIO mode. I can't see a way to force it to use DMA. I don't know that this is my problem, but I'd prefer to run my drives in DMA or Ultra DMA.

Does anyone know how to change this? I've selected "DMA when availlable", but the drives are still operating in PIO Mode.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Uninstall the IDE driver in Device manger. Reboot to reinstall. That's what most do for IDE ports stuck in PIO mode...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And then it stopped working. The PIO Mode came back.

Next, I deleted the DVD-ROM driver, removed the 4 year old Lite-On DVD drive and replaced it with a low cost DVD-ROM.

The problem persisted.

Next I formatted the hard drive and reloaded all of my applications a second time (except for MyHD).

Problem solved.

I've been using the original Lite-On DVD-ROM with no problems for over a month now, so the problem must have been software related, although I will never know if it was the OS, an application, or something from the internet.

Hope this helps someone else.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The PIO mode for your drive is probably unrelated to your lip sync problem.

There was a lip sync problem a while back that applied to a certain class of audio driver and the old style (including .27) m-audio drivers were affected. If you are running XP you should upgrade to SP2 but if you do not want to do that and want to use the outdated M-audio drivers here is a link to the patch that took care of that problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;813347

I am running Theatertek on XP-SP2 with the latest audio drivers with no problems.

Cheers

Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.