AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I painted my theater flat Baluga black. I used paint with primer on every wall and ceiling. I plan to paint the side walls a color called Leather. It is a dark brown. I was thinking my projector would look great in this room but man is it dark. Is there such a thing as too dark?

·
Registered
168 Posts
IF you mean in terms of picture quality then answer is 'no' cannot be too dark. now in terms of cleaning, see where the heck you are without running into stuff and the like then yes can be a little too dark.

G

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
No - but I don't personally care for the look of solid black (when the lights are on) - not because its black, just because its monotone, and I want a little design (albeit very dark design).

·
Registered
2,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambers1517 /forum/post/20805193

Well, I painted my theater flat Baluga black. I used paint with primer on every wall and ceiling. I plan to paint the side walls a color called Leather. It is a dark brown. I was thinking my projector would look great in this room but man is it dark. Is there such a thing as too dark?

As far as your picture quality goes, the darker the better...the black you'll see on your screen is the absence of light, so less light = blacker blacks = better PQ.

Plus the darker the room the less brightness you need from your PJ, which can extend bulb life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts