AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may have noticed by the other two recent postings, I finally got some of this stuff. Now for my last question:

How is this installed? Mine is in rolled form, 1" thick. I assume it needs to be tacked to the wall, but without crushing by the tacks. What have people used to accomplish this?

I will be covering the insullation with fabric after it is installed...

Thanks,

·
Registered
303 Posts
I used one or two roofing nails and lightly tapped them into place into the wallboard to hold the TS in place while I stapled the fabric into place. Some have used staples to hold the TS in place, but I didn't like this because it "bunched up" the TS where the staple went in. Most of the time the TS had a tight enough fit between the blocking so that I didn't use any fastner with it. The fabric stretched over the TS does the job of keeping the TS in place.

Chris

·
Registered
185 Posts
I used spray adhesive in a can. Worked great for insulshield on drywall. Jack

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
3m also makes a 'Hi-Strength 90' spray can that is very similar to an industrial brand (Sta-Put) I use in my shop. Sprays out kind of like spider web. You coat both surfaces, it sticks on contact (like contact cement), no room for error, but very strong.

I also have Super 77, it is nowhere near as strong as the '90'. Both are available at HD.

PS. To give you an example, I have made mitered 1" triple wall corregated cardboard corners using this stuff, very strong joint, considering glued surfaces were the honeycomb corregation.

Bruce

PSS. Since you are here in Dallas - Sta-put is available at Central Hardwoods, (formerly Central Distributors).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.