AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an exhaustive search I thought I would pass on some info to the masses here at AVS Forum.

Johns-Manville has about 500 rolls of this stuff in one of their warehouses (I think they said Kansas). I guess I just asked the right guy the right question on the right day because I had been striking out both locally and from the factory. All I was told is that this stuff is made to order and there is of course a minimum. I even tried searching for an out-of-state distributor that might stock the stuff but couldn't find one. Most distributors/dealers/installers didn't even know what I was talking about. (I guess they stick to the thermal pink/yellow stuff)

Anyway the JM factory guy knew what I was talking about and confirmed that "Coated InsulShield Black" had replaced the old TheaterShield product because, in his words, the products were similar enough that they didn't want to maintain two products. He said there was a bunch of this stuff in rolled form (4'x100') in one of their warehouses that was there because of an overstock or something.

So, get with your local JM dealer (see the JM website search) and tell them you want TS-101. Find a high volume dealer like I did (Building Specialty Supply in Dallas) that has a truck coming from the factory every couple of weeks or so and they will put it on the truck and it won't cost you freight.

I paid $306 per roll. I bought it through my A/V company so I'm not sure if that was reseller pricing or not.

One last note: When the stuff arrived it was marked "TheaterShield Plus"! So this may be the last rolls of the old TheaterShield and that is why nobody knows about it or where to find it.

Hope this helps someone out there that is having the same troubles I had.

· Registered
541 Posts
I just got mine from a Drywall Company in Kansas. It was TS + 101. I paid $250.00 a roll and only had to wait 10 days. I'd be happy to share the contact with anyone who wants it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.