AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG /forum/post/0

Where is it stated limited the Theatersync is discontinued, their website still lists it as available

An email from NEC. Yes, it is still available..."Limited Availability." That means that it will go bye-bye soon. There is no replacement SKU listed, as there are for other products.

Eric

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oferlaor /forum/post/0

and justifyably so, it had zero support and many many problems

Hi Ofer,

Just when I was getting ready to bite the bullet as a Late Adopter...

Remember my Mini Teranex Early Adopter thread?

I thought that this unit was pretty much bullet proof - the ClearVue unit without its dedicated Pro Processing Monitor.

Can you tell me what went wrong?

TIA

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Just got this reply from a big distributor:

"Thank you for giving us a chance to match these prices. I would have no problem matching either price however we do not have this unit in stock and NEC is no longer offering it. If you'd like I can find you a unit from a different manufacturer that is comparable."

Looks like this bird is a dead duck !

Anyone here from NEC to comment ?!?

·
Premium Member
5,453 Posts
What is a manufacturer's responsibility when it comes to something like the Theatersync if fails to function and they no longer support it with firmware upgrade to fix, assuming the problem needs a software fix, and the unit is within the warranty period?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like plenty o problems with the box and seems that NEC is cutting ties. There are firmware updates out there, but create more problems than fixes, ie stressing the processor to the point of overheating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.