AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love many of the features in TheaterTek, wife especially likes the "remember start point feature. Picture quality continues to amaze me, spent some time checking out specific scenes in a half dozen of my favorite dvd's and its like I bought a new tv!

Not sure about aspect ratio control--Specifically 4/3 intro graphics such as "the various THX intro's, etc. , seems to vary by dvd--not centered?

If I adjust the screen position using aspect control in TheaterTek for one

disk, it is not centered on the next disc I try?? All anamorphic video does not seem to have this issue? Are the aspect ratio's in the default list global? Or does TheaterTek remember this for each disk independantly?

Never saw this issue under PowerDVD, but then again you could not adjust the aspect ratio to this precision, only able to select "keep aspect ratio" or "not". Am I doing something wrong with aspect control?? Day two as a newbie to TheaterTek, and I have no intention of using any other decoder in the future, TheaterTek picture is OUTSTANDING!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Two ways of saving the aspect ratio. You can save it for the "current DVD" or you can set it for a new default.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
yes make sure you select the new defualts not current DVD... Otherwise it remembers it on apper disc setting (very helpful) instead of setting up a new defualt for every time it discovers a disc of that type...

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Define your 4 defaults in the AR edit box. It will adjust the "current DVD" by default so make sure you select a predefined AR. 16x9 P&S is used on menus and graphics, so set it up the same as standard 16x9 (anamorphic DVDs). 4x3 is self explanatory, letterbox is for non-anamorphics LBX DVDs, just make this one 33% taller than your anamorphic settings.

"Current DVD" is used for fine tuning individual DVDs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.