AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Bought an installed 1.5 upgrade so that when the person recalibrating my CRT projector arrives in 2 hours I have the latest software working.

I have Windows ME, M-Audio Delta Dio at first with the drivers which came with it. The system worked perfectly before I upgraded.

Upon running TheaterTek 1.5 for the first time - no sound. Then discovered the audio settings and changed from Prologic to Sp-Dif.

Then got the 5 second delay problem.

After following advice on the TheaterTek forums I downloaded and installed the M-audio 3.1 beta drivers and now I have no sound at all out of any of the options. If I choose default Direct Sound or WaveOut, after restarting TheaterTek, the sound has reverted to prologic.

I have also tried changing the options and rebooting and still no joy.

I'm bloody furious at this. And the clock is ticking before the CRT man arrives.

Someone please help !!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks all.

Ok, here is what I have done to get the thing working.

With the 0031 drivers installed, I unzipped the 4.13.01.42 M-Audio drivers onto my machine, went to the Control panel and drivers panel for the Delta Dio. I chose to upgrade drivers and selected the 4.13.01.42 ones. I chose to overwrite the newer files and rebooted.

Right away Winamp worked ok and though there was still no sound I could see the volume levels bouncing away in the Delta control panel. I went into Control Panel / Sound thingy and in the main output selected Delta SP/DIF and boom there was the sound.

I then started Theatertek and surprisingly the sound is locked on perfectly.

There are 2 differences between my system now (TheaterTek 1.5) and my system before the upgrade (TheaterTek 1.2 083) :

GOOD : I get Winamp output even when SP/DIF output is selected in the patchbay panel. It used to only work if I selected Monitor.

BAD : There is some combing obvious when playing DVDs. It looks like this image :
http://www.progressivescan.co.uk/ima...gressive02.jpg

Anyone else seen this combing?

Conclusion : I'm really disappointed by the incredible user unfriendliness of the combination of TheaterTek 1.5 and M-Audio drivers. It's another bloody good argument for getting a DVD player and scaler and drop-kicking HTPC's out of the window.

Recommendation : Both TheaterTek and M-Audio both need to buck their ideas up. Problems like this are simply NOT acceptable.

Shoddy programming is all it is.

AVS Forum has gone down hill, hasn't it? NO replies. Thanks a lot, guys.

I got more help at the AV Forums.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I believe you received appropriate replies on the TheaterTek forum for your issues.

Your apology for blaming TheaterTek was also accepted.

Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.