AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of the beta testers out there using TheaterTek with the ATI Radeon VE in a dual-head setup and (preferably) using Windows 2000?

I'd like to know if the overlay stuff works properly as it does not seem to under PowerDVD XP. I don't know if this is a PowerDVD issue or ATI driver issue, but PowerDVD XP doesn't always utilize the overlay mode and will actually display poor quality video on both heads. I _can_ fix it (per PowerDVD session) by fiddling with the display settings, but it is remarkably inconvenient.

Also, has anyone else encountered monitor 'blipping' when you bring up the ATI menu from the system tray? For me, it only occurs on the DVI-I head, not on the VGA head.

Cheers,

Jake

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Though I can't comment on the Theatertek product, FWIW, overlay starts and runs fine with PowerDVD4/XP on my Radeon VE in win98 at least. Though the driver sets are different between 9x and 2k, could it be a config issue on your machine?

-Trouble

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.