AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to give TheaterTek a try today, previously used PowerDVD XP which came with my drive. No comparison, I know this issue has been discussed "to death", so please, no flames.

I want to first thank Andrew for his wonderful product as well as his support to the AVS forum. The product is worth ever penny. I was a skeptic but now I believe in the power, pun intended, of this product. I almost tried Cineplayer 1.5, but decided, to trust the input over the past year of those users of TheaterTek.

I do have a couple of questions,

1. What does "dialog normalization" do?

2. I use a Radeon 9500 Pro, does TheaterTek automatically apply the

"scoped settings" or due I have to adjust the ATI Control Panel.

3. Are the "video adjustment" defaults the "scoped settings"

4. Where do I find the pronto CCF for TheaterTek, as some of my

"hotkeys" don't seem to work, i.e. Menu, Chapter, etc.

5. When I select "start from the last scene" the DVD starts over

every time????

Any help from the experts, (Andrew, Karnis, etc.) would greatly be appreciated! Thanks for showing the "power" of TheaterTek.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
1. Adjusts the level of the soundtrack relative to the center channel...often referred to as "midnight mode".

2. TT controls the overlay settings when running, no need to go to the ATi control panel. You might want to adjust the gamma setting relativeto your display device.

3. Yes

4. There should be a remote files subdirectory in the TheaterTek folder.

5. Please clarify...the "U" hotkey will jump to the last scene viewed before previous quit..."auto resume" will give you a prompt to restart before playing.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
***n Karnis, you are fast. If I press the "stop" hotkey and then press the "play" hotkey, the DVD starts over from the beginning of disk??

Where is the folder located with the CCF files?? I'm lost on that one!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Karnis-

I don't think that's accurate for dialnorm. If it acts properly as in standalone hardware, dialnorm merely adjusts the levels for more consistency between discs. "Midnight mode" is a heavily compressed mode. Feel free to check so we know how Sonic is applying it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the fast response. I have everything working smoothly now!

One last question, since I downloaded today, do I need to install any of the patches after I register the product, before I register, or do I have all of the latest patches??

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Quote:
I don't think that's accurate for dialnorm. If it acts properly as in standalone hardware, dialnorm merely adjusts the levels for more consistency between discs. "Midnight mode" is a heavily compressed mode. Feel free to check so we know how Sonic is applying it.
You're correct Jesse. Also, I'm pretty sure that checkbox only has meaning if you're using 2-channel analog decoding; if you're using SPDIF passthrough, the dialnorm flag is embedded in the bitstream and interpreted by your receiver.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gmanhdtv
Thanks everyone for the fast response. I have everything working smoothly now!

One last question, since I downloaded today, do I need to install any of the patches after I register the product, before I register, or do I have all of the latest patches??
After you register, make sure you patch to 1.5.23 so you can use ffdshow post-processing.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think the current TT download is 1.5.23, so no need to patch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.