AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the trial version of Theartek and just had a couple of questions.

What would be my advantages of paying $69 for this player in lieu of using the free player on WM11?

Also I am getting a error each time I open it in "My Movies". It opens up PhotoGallery and tries to update. If someone know how to fix this please let me know.

· Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcarr43 /forum/post/0

What would be my advantages of paying $69 for this player in lieu of using the free player on WM11?

Also I am getting a error each time I open it in "My Movies". It opens up PhotoGallery and tries to update. If someone know how to fix this please let me know.

I have the same question. What are the issues with WMP 11 and why is it not considered in these discussions as a player?

· Registered
258 Posts
The reason I got it (got it when it was on sale for $29.95) was to use FFDShow to upscale my DVDs. They look MUCH sharper now and with MyMovies, it is integrated into the MCE interface. For $29 it was a no brainer... For $69, that would be a tougher decision for me.

· Registered
6,411 Posts
Five main advantages to TT:

1. Aspect Ratio Control and presets

2. Autostart bookmarks so you can skip all the crap at the beginning of most DVD's

3. Automatic memory of language choices and auto selection of DTS, if present.

4. Ships with NVidia PureVideo Decoders.

5. Integrated support for ffdshow.

Cam WMP do any or all of that?

Next question: Do you need or want any or all of that?

Vern

· Registered
703 Posts
I am using a trial version right now, and am contemplating purchasing it. For playing back 1080i .TS files, it is the best software out there.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That makes sense. I bought a HP HTPC. The specs are:

AMD 64 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.19GHZ

2GB Ram/ATI Xpress 200/Happauge WinTV PVR

I have it connected to a 42" Olevia LCD via VGA and Panasonic Receiver via SPDIF. I also receive HD via my cable company.

I guess my questions are do I need to upgrade my video card to get a better resolution from component or HDMI?

Also my original Photogallery question

· Registered
5,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcarr43 /forum/post/0

Well theatertek IMHO is the most easy to use, visually refined, DVD playback software. Also it comes with the Nvidia Purevideo decoders built into the software, with MP11 you'd have to buy the decoders sepeately.

- Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.