AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been mentioned in the 3500 up projector thread... Any comment about this idea. And i want to know more about project with rear screen. What about the picture quality compare to those front projected image, any pros and cons..

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you're talking about the Theaterwall system I think you're talking about:

Theaterwall?

It's basically a rear projection setup using a front projector that is built into the wall. So the screen is part of the wall. I saw this displayed at a trade show last year. Picture quality is very good, basically comparable to an RPTV. And you have the advantages of an RPTV in terms of viewability with ambient lighting, etc. However, I think there is a limitation on the screen size since you only have a certain throw distance to work with within the wall space and the mirrors used. And there is also the cost. Not sure how much it is, but probably fairly significant since it's a custom job and there's the cost of the acrylic rear projection screen.

·
Premium Member
16,767 Posts
Interesting...

I considered doing this with one of my CRTs.

I've never seen an installation this shallow... 36" depth for a 72"x48" image:
http://www.hometheaterwall.com/image...gram-large.gif

But can't you buy a Mitsubishi 72" RPTV for $3K, just frame it in, and not have to replace bulbs?

-Clarence

·
Registered
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by marcorsyscom
Interesting...

I considered doing this with one of my CRTs.

I've never seen an installation this shallow... 36" depth for a 72"x48" image:
http://www.hometheaterwall.com/image...gram-large.gif

But can't you buy a Mitsubishi 72" RPTV for $3K, just frame it in, and not have to replace bulbs?

-Clarence
$3K? Is that all they cost?

Anyway, you have to then put up with burn in and h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e viewing angles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.