AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am finally starting my build as I got the general lay out done that will work for me. The room is a 12x24 outdoor building. There are a few obstacles and challenges along the way.

The first step is to install a new exterior door in a new location. Quite fun and expensive. The installer will be here 8/13 to do that.

The drawing is what I will be turning it into the real pictures are what it looks like now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any way to rename the subject of my project?

Anyways, projector and TV Lift are here. Decided not to move the door as it didn't speed along the room any.

Working on building a audio cabinet and this weekend working on the storage closet that will contain the audio cabinet.

I have ordered sconces and all that I think is left to order is the screen and seating. Planning on a AT screen either seymour or SMX.

Still left to build/install: new wood or cork floor for entry way, shadow box for screen (and speakers behind screen) and closet (hopefully this weekend).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Making some progress...

This is the closet and the cut out for the audio/video equipment. As you can see I still have a lot of sanding to do...

Here is the TV lift. This is going in the false wall and will lift up in front of the projection screen for regular TV watching and the down when it is time to use the projector.

I'll try to take some better pictures soon as the false wall goes up and once the audio/video rack is in place. The room is a little messy right now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made some more progress.

Have the speaker stand built for the AT screen and also going to have a tv lift in front of projector screen. Still trying to decide on screen size. Linaccoustic on back wall.

TV Up

TV Down

Here is the av rack and equipment. It was finished out but the sheet rock corners made the rack not fit so they had to go. Plan on repairing the work this week...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More progress over the weekend. I am beat.

Repainted and cleaned up around edges a little.

Wall Sconces (There only easy to hang up if your house is prewired - mine was not).

Right side surround speaker installed on wall:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now it is time for chili cheese dogs while I rest and get ready to finish. Should be mostly complete by next weekend (carpet being installed and chairs will be delivered this week). Hoping projector screen makes it here this week as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice looking space!!! Man, now I'm hungry for chili cheese dogs!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Couple of things:

1. I can see my the shadow of my head with projector on about 3-4 feet on the screen bottom. Is that normal? Thinking the projector needs to go higher.

2. The projector mount (of ebay) is really shaky. When I put the lens cover on and off the image has to be readjusted. Is this normal when dealing with a mount that hangs 2 - 2 1/2 feet from the ceiling?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.