AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im completely new the the PJ scene. I bought a new house with a complete theatre room setup. The previous owner had very high end equipment and all prewired.

* The room is completely dark and sized at 11x17ft.

* The screen is a 100" Stewart Firehawk grey screen that drops from the ceiling. The top of the grey screen to the ceiling is 24" and the grey goes down 48"

* the back wall to the screen is 16ft

* PJ wires comes from the back wall near the top center.

* First row of seats is about 9.5ft from the screen

* 2nd row of seats is about 15ft from the screen

Question#1:

the previous owner had his mounted on the back wall instead of the ceiling.. so it looks like alot of mounts are from the ceiling. Ive been looking at the ceiling mounts and they make different height extenders..what size extenders do I need for my setup? thinking about getting the Epson 8500UB.

#2:

original setup was 5.1 (middle center, 2 fronts,2 mid high rears, and subwoofer) I added 2 more speaker wires in the middle of the rooms (left and right) - for a 7 speaker setup... what is a good speaker setup I should look into (1K to $2k)

#3:

any good recommended receiver? (hoping to spend about 1K-1.5K)..there is the SOny STR-DA4300ES that is on clearance now..any experience?

·
Registered
573 Posts
1. There is a projector calculator tool on www.projectorcentral.com that works very well. Find out what projector you will be getting and plug in the numbers. It will tell you everything you need to know.

2. Everyone has different taste in speakers. Your best bet is to go to a store and see what you like. 100 responses will give you 95 different speakers on this site.

3. This question could be better answered in the receiver section of the site.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You. Hoping you can help with this question:

I have 3 rooms that each has 2 speakers wired to a Russound LPTx volume control knob. It looks like all three rooms come to my living room via 1 green wire (with 4 wires in it-red/blk,grn/wht) - the installer labeled this wire as ZONE 2 ADM 2.1

The first time I hooked up this wire to my old Sony receiver it was working but low and then it went into protect mode and now my receiver is not working.

I just hooked up another receiver and the volume is very low. I then shut it off (afraid to fry this receiver)

This green wire is the only wire I can see that is connected to the 3 room speaker system. What is wrong and what does Zone 2 ADM 2.1 mean?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts