AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the diffrence between a theme based recording and show based recording. i evn dont know what they are. Plz help me..

Harry

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If your replay did not come with a manual, you can DL it from Panasonic/Replay's (depending on your model) website.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
show-based: certain channel, certain time-slot, can be fairly reliably "guaranteed" to record.

theme: any channel, any time, a crapshoot whether it records or not. Mostly yes, but not foolproof.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, Theme is not very reliable?

How about the part where it says 1 hour on theme? Does that mean it will only keep 1 hour of the show? I don't understand the hour part. I can go up to 99

·
Registered
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by derlenbusch
So, Theme is not very reliable?
I've had good luck with Themes. I guess it depends on what you use as a Theme. I've had a Stargate SG-1 theme, Farscape theme, and educational themes, which didn't miss anything if I guaranteed them, and only missed on conflicts when I didn't guarantee them.

Quote:
Originally posted by derlenbusch
How about the part where it says 1 hour on theme? Does that mean it will only keep 1 hour of the show? I don't understand the hour part. I can go up to 99
The one hour means that you have made the Theme guaranteed, and it will only store up to one hour. It will replace whatever is in that Theme when a new recording comes up for that Theme. If you want to keep more than an hour's worth of shows for your Theme, increase the size of the guaranteed space. Remember, guaranteeing space doesn't mean nothing else will record. It just means that something you guaranteed will overwrite a non-guaranteed recording when it needs the space.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for your help and insight.

Tha manual did not explain this very clearly. So, thanks for another explanation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.