AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a question about theme-based recording, I have two theme-based recordings one for "Friends" 2 hours channel 4 and one for "Seinfeld" 2 hours channel 5 if they run at the same time the one that will record will be Friends because is with the lowest channel number, when Friends reach the 2 hours it will start recording Seinfeld in channel 5 or one of the episodes in the Friends theme-based recording will be deleted and other Friends show will be recorded.?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I re-read it over and over, can't figure it out. My brain hurts...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok let me try again,

I have two theme-based recordings.

Friends record 2 hours of this show

Seinfeld record 2 hours of this show

they are shown at the same time

only one show can be saved in this case Friend will be taped about 30 minutes for episode.

my question is when the theme-based record for Friend reach the 4th episode times 30 minutes = 2 hours recoding, the next time that is going record (remember that the two shows are shown at the same time) is going to skip the theme-based recording for friends because it already has two hours or recordings and record a seinfeld show? or it is going to delete one of the friends shows and tape another one?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'm guessing it will delete a show to make room for another. I don't really know.

You can set priorities with themes if you use the clawfoot portal. link

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thing you are right I will try to set up the recordings monday, tuesday for one show and Wednesday, thursday and friday for another. So I will get a fair amount of show for each theme recording.

thank you.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
On a Replay 5K???

The hours kept means exactly that. It has nothing to do with priority. The next show will record and delete the oldest.

Priority is given to the last channel you set up, not the lowest channel number. If you want to change priorities you can by enabling "theme priorities" on the clawfoot portal on the 243 Zones menu. Then you can assign a priority to each channel which will supercede the basic one.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
That's easy! :D Whichever one recorded the *FIRST* 30 minutes (WON the conflict) will continue to record, over and over and over...
Quote:
Originally Posted by troya_1970
...I have two theme-based recordings:
  1. Friends record 2 hours of this show :)
  2. Seinfeld record 2 hours of this show :(

they are shown at the same time

only one show can be saved in this case Friend will be taped about 30 minutes for episode.

my question is when the theme-based record for Friend reach the 4th episode times 30 minutes = 2 hours recoding, the next time that is going record (remember that the two shows are shown at the same time):
  • NO: is going to skip the theme-based recording for friends because it already has two hours or recordings and record a seinfeld show? :(
  • YES: or it is going to delete one of the friends shows and tape another one? :)
If you want more control over which Theme Channels record when there is a conflict, read up on "Clawfoot Portal" & "Theme Priority Numbers"...

NOTE: If, one day, there are Friends & Seinfeld *FOUR HOUR (or longer) MARATHONS* and four 30-minute Friends get recorded, *THEN* Seinfeld *WILL* get recorded too due to the "24 Hour Rule" (if a Theme Channel is full, no program will be overwritten until 24 hours have passed)... ;)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I didn't see the model number of the unit mentioned. The algorithm is different depending on the model.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777
My brain hurts...
It will have to come out then....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand
If you want more control over which Theme Channels record when there is a conflict, read up on "Clawfoot Portal" & "Theme Priority Numbers"...
"Theme Priority Numbers" is great I don't know why is not active by default, a lot more control for Theme Channels.

thank you very much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.