AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my thoughts on a fix for relatively cheap. now i only have an xbox and black ops is in 3d now sooo...

if i had a

1. HDMI video capture card

2. Stereoscopic player

3. glasses (duh right?)

with my xbox set to 720p(for my hd66) into the capture card, then into Stereoscopic player(live feed option) with correct output settings.

would this work? it seems like it would have minimal processing requirements because no scaling, just moving some frames, almost like passthrough, as far as image goes.

i dont think this will work for bluray's tho, as sterescopic player wont do them yet, and powerdvd needs nvidia correct?

am i completely wrong on this??? i searched google to see , but no success stories, or even anyone doing it

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry my bad.

Yeah to be honest I don't see any flaws in your logic. As long as Stereoscopic player can do the real time conversion, everything should work.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorahole /forum/post/19508797

here is my thoughts on a fix for relatively cheap. now i only have an xbox and black ops is in 3d now sooo...

if i had a

1. HDMI video capture card

2. Stereoscopic player

3. glasses (duh right?)

with my xbox set to 720p(for my hd66) into the capture card, then into Stereoscopic player(live feed option) with correct output settings.

would this work? it seems like it would have minimal processing requirements because no scaling, just moving some frames, almost like passthrough, as far as image goes.

i dont think this will work for bluray's tho, as sterescopic player wont do them yet, and powerdvd needs nvidia correct?

am i completely wrong on this??? i searched google to see , but no success stories, or even anyone doing it

HDMI 1.4 video capture card is going to cost several thousands of dollars.

It is cheaper to use 3D-XL from OPTOMA.

http://www.optoma.eu/projectordetail...nment&PC=3D-XL

Mathew Orman

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorahole /forum/post/19639430

why do i need hdmi 1.4? the xbox isn't 1.4?

Sorry,

I was thinking about PS3.

XBOX 360 does not output stereoscopic content.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Some people have done a similar thing, running their cable box into their PC with a video capture card, in order to project 3D cable shows. They all said it was a whole lot of work, and the Optoma 3D-XL will be less expensive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i need to build another htpc anyway, so i figured the cost wouldn't be alot more, and i could get 3d that way.

and xbox does have 2 titles that have 3d, they are tested to be working, just not on the hd66.

thanks for the input

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and also, what happened to the firmware update that would supposedly make it 1.4??

i got a feeling optoma was just blowing smoke...or smoking blow, lol

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickMcKaha /forum/post/19639633

Some people have done a similar thing, running their cable box into their PC with a video capture card, in order to project 3D cable shows. They all said it was a whole lot of work, and the Optoma 3D-XL will be less expensive.

That is irrelevant as the OP wants to view XBOX stereoscopic output from games but XBOX does not output games in stereoscopic format, period.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why do you say xbox doesnt do it?? i cant find anything that says it doesnt. many people have played 3d xbox games??

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorahole /forum/post/19639796

why do you say xbox doesnt do it?? i cant find anything that says it doesnt. many people have played 3d xbox games??

Do you claim that XBOX has IR transmitter to control LC shutter glasses?

Or does it plug in directly to 3D TV via HDMI 1.4a?

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know there is no ir emitter for glasses from the xbox, but the projector and other hdtvs have the dlp link built in.

as far as i can tell (from google searches) it does need an hdmi conenction, but not the 1.4, just the 1.2 it has, also it aparently looses resolution, so its not hd anymore. not sure if i will like that aspect tho..

·
Registered
359 Posts
I can play Black Ops in 3D with Xbox connected via HDMI to Mitsu 738 using DLP link glasses. Not sure how that differs from what you are trying to do.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs /forum/post/19639998

I can play Black Ops in 3D with Xbox connected via HDMI to Mitsu 738 using DLP link glasses. Not sure how that differs from what you are trying to do.

Only if XBOX outputs in SbS or OaU.

Is that how you output Black Ops?

And if so then that would be in very low resolution in 720p it would be only 360 lines per eye.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
5,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/19640204

Only if XBOX outputs in SbS or OaU.

Is that how you output Black Ops?

And if so then that would be in very low resolution in 720p it would be only 360 lines per eye.

Mathew Orman

that's how it does it Matthew. SbS 720P

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/19639776

That is irrelevant as the OP wants to view XBOX stereoscopic output from games but XBOX does not output games in stereoscopic format, period.

Mathew Orman

I played avatar in 3D for 80 hours last December on 82" DLP on Xbox360 with just IO shutter glasses with emitter. The game itself output the required checkerboard pattern. I played Call of Duty-Black Ops using the Mitsubishi adaptor and their shutter glasses to convert the signal to checkerboard. I also have PS3 and the Xbox is just as cabable to output 3D.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts