AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it seems many people are changing there minds and/or re-evaluating the situation. I'll still buy one when it has enough games I want to warrant a purchase of $399..

I was under the impression from MS that the Hard Drive was to be standard and I others were as well. I'm wondering how this will pan out in the long run.. well time will tell I guess.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm probably done..

the point of this board is to discuss such things, if you don't like a topic you can just avoid it.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
The question is how many negative threads. I'm all for discussion but I think this gloom and doom over the price release is too knee jerk reactive here.

Ms is offering a basic system to appeal to price conscious.

Ms is offering a deluxe package with MORE than enough value to meet the price.

They are really trying to please everyone and yet many still come out negative? What do many of you want? A free system and free games? I hope the game market can remain viable with some of the attitudes out there I really do.

This is all over a HUNDRED dollars.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't view this as a negative thread, but of course we all have are own perspectives so if you see it that way I'm ok with it.

What do many want? I think many want the core system to have an HDD but not all the other extras.. Personally that is what I would like.. I don't need a wireless controller (i've done more than fine for years with my wired break away MS controller (in fact I'd prefer wired to be honest) using a $5 extension).. I don't need a headset either. I do however want the HDD and component cables.. so of course I'm buying the premium package.

I'm sure I'm not alone based off of what others have said.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
To calrify, I didn't mean negative posts by just yourself. but this one is a tad negative in that you are already saying that the 360 no longer has an adantage over another we know little about.

It seems to me you can buy a core system and then an HDD later or really you could just wait for the first price drop.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Martin
To calrify, I didn't mean neagative posts by just yourself.

It seems to me you can buy a core system and then an HDD later or really you could just wait for the first price drop.

but they are charing $100 for the HDD.. I guess one solution would be to sell things you don't need from the premium package, but I really don't want to hassle with all that.

Also I think another reason it would have been a better move by them to sell a basic that includes the HDD.. then developers also wouldn't have to factor in that their games need to work without an HDD as well. I'm assuming games like ES:IV will run much better with the HDD than without

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
I guess what people want really is everything for nothing.

In other words, everyone here wants the latest and greatest but the console needs to sell for the same price as they did 4-5 years ago. That's about the size of it and they want the console market to remain viable at the same time.

This new console has some of the same hardware a 1k pc would have in it. I don't really get it. Even at $299 without an HD, like the PS2 you would still need a memory card. Is a $100 bucks really that big of a deal breaker? This is a luxury item.

·
Registered
158 Posts
what i'd like to know is what will happen to game patches and downloadable content? will there be any? let's say a whopping 50% of owners have the hdd, will developers bother to make new levels, characters, etc? this was one of the only real advantages i found with the live service and the xbox. now what?

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well yes they do, that is how are society is.. like you said in another topic.. They OWE US.. nobody owes us anything. they are luxury items that is true.

my stand is the same.. I'm still buying when there are enough games I want to warrant the $399 purchase (there is no way in hell I'm buying the $299, the value simply isn't as good as the $399, which I do feel is fair).

·
Registered
491 Posts
In all fairness to briankmonkey,

I think his point is about the fragmenting of the XBox users...not the $100. Giving a silver membership with the core system is meaningless.

You can't play anyone online...fine! But with the membership you can get game updates, microtransaction...fine!

...but where are you going to store the game updates? I know...I know...just buy a hard drive! and that the whole point of the frustation.

Its like someone saying quit complaing about your new car not coming with a gas tank...it only cost $4k from Ford!! such babies!

The car should come with the gas tank...its a requirement for working.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey
well yes they do, that is how are society is.. like you said in another topic.. They OWE US.. nobody owes us anything. they are luxury items that is true.

my stand is the same.. I'm still buying when there are enough games I want to warrant the $399 purchase (there is no way in hell I'm buying the $299, the value simply isn't as good as the $399, which I do feel is fair).
I stand by what I said in that other thread, they owe us quality. They don't owe us anything else as far as something for nothing. I think there are games worth $60 but most are not and it could hurt the software market, to clarify my original stance but I digress.

MS owes us nothing except a system we can depend on and value for what we pay. Beyond that they don't owe us anything free.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by admonish
Its like someone saying quit complaing about your new car not coming with a gas tank...it only cost $4k from Ford!! such babies!

The car should come with the gas tank...its a requirement for working.
Nah, the 360 works just fine without the HD. The analogy should have been... the car comes with satellite radio, but you gotta pay monthly if you want it to work. The base 360 comes with XBL Silver, but you gotta get at least a mem card if you want it to work.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think MS made the right decision to have 2 version of the 360. I think it would have been stupid if they only offered a higher priced version. The problem with 2 separate models is an issue, but all things being equal I think MS did the right thing. This way it will get more boxes out into the wild.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.