AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Def Tech 2002's and a CLR2500 center being run by a Yamaha RV-659. My speakers are in between a heavy wood entertainment center and a sheetrock wall on each side. There is about 4 inches on each side of the speaker and 3 in the back. The room is about 12 x 12.

Why do they sound so dull? I have run YPAO.

thanks,

Wes

PS- furthermore I am looking at the new Denon line when they come out. will that be worse?

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes k /forum/post/14270794

I have a pair of Def Tech 2002's and a CLR2500 center being run by a Yamaha RV-659. My speakers are in between a heavy wood entertainment center and a sheetrock wall on each side. There is about 4 inches on each side of the speaker and 3 in the back. The room is about 12 x 12.

Why do they sound so dull? I have run YPAO.

Are you kidding? They are bipolar speakers with half the drivers smashed up against the wall. In addition, they are in a corner of a small, square room so all the modes are piling up and smothering what's left of the upper midrange and treble. Those speakers need more space around them and they need to get out of the corners.

Quote:
PS- furthermore I am looking at the new Denon line when they come out. will that be worse?

No but not much better. Audyssey might help a bit more than YPAO but you need to attend to the positioning first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts